Review Highlights
Couldn't have been better

Curious on how the basecamp and the trek itself was we decided to take this 5 day trek instead of... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sebmaurk1
Cologne, Germany
Beautiful High Mountain Lakes

Our group of 4 recently spent 4 days and 3 nights at Thunder Lake in the Rocky Mountain National... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jparker151
North Canton, Ohio

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The Rocky Mountain Thunder Lake backpack was a wonderful way to ease into backpacking. The pre-trip information and communication was great. The equipment was modern and top notch. Our guide, Floyd, made his love of the mountains known and took good care of us- keeping us dry whenever possible, preparing well thought out and tasty and nutritious meals and snacks, and adjusting the hikes to the weather and our abilities and preferences. I felt safe and cared for, but still adventurous and prepared for my next outdoor experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We did the Longs Peak 5-day tour and had an AMAZING time. Our guide, Joy, was absolutely incredible. It was hard work, especially for us flatlanders from the Midwest, but Joy was patient and helped muscle through the hikes and get ready for summit day. The 5-day trek was well-designed to acclimatize us to the altitude and ensure that we were ready for summit day. The food our guide prepared was fresh and extremely tasty – not typical freeze-dried backpacker fare at all. Do take Wildland’s advice to train and be in good shape before heading out – this is NOT an easy trip. It was a hard but absolutely amazing experience. Looking forward to my next Wildland trip!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

My trip with Wildlands (the 4-day Thunder Lake backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park) was everything I hoped for and more. This is a great way to experience the back country for backpackers who are new to the sport, new to the area, not interested in buying a ton of gear that you may not use often, or just happy to sit back and let a trained professional craft the perfect trip in the woods.

The biggest three value-adds are what I'm now terming the Three G's: The food was delicious and plenty; the gear was clean and high quality; and the guide--Samantha Cooke--is who I want to be when I grow up. Sam was so good on the camp stove that she actually baked us a beautiful cake on the last night.

The trip kept me feeling challenged and inspired, but never panicked or overwhelmed. I will absolutely do another Wildlands trip, and I'm already excited about it.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We came back from our three day Grand Canyon trek weary but not sore. We attribute that to the fact that Eddie took us at just the right pace. A consistent and demanding pace, but not not too demanding given none of us were used to 25 lb packs. We felt like we got healthful exercise each day that warranted our camp meals and cozying up in our tents.
Speaking of meals, Eddie did a fantastic job of preparing hearty, good-tasting, unique meals. What a pleasure to not have to eat the same, bland thing everyday, which is what we were fully expecting. Instead, Eddie took a lot of deliberate time to prep meals for us and even tailored them to our dietary needs. We were more and more impressed each time we sat to the camp table (or rock as the case sometimes was). If we offered to help with any of the prep or clean up, he politely declined our help, which allowed us more time to rest and recreate.
Eddie's knowledge of the Canyon is formidable. He knew the answer to just about anything we asked, regarding history, geology, flora, fauna, trails and even stars. And he offered up stories and lore in just the right amount- never overdone and always entertaining!
Eddie was patient with us and he kept us together as a group without making any of us feel like we were lagging. I personally felt safe from danger the whole trip, knowing he would know how to handle any type of situation that may arise.
We will definitely steer any friends who are considering such a trip towards Wildland Trekking, especially in the hopes that they get a guide as good as Eddie!

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Outstanding guide with a wealth of knowledge. Wildland Trekking is a fantastic company. They provide a simple, safe and exciting trip that is worth every penny. I will definitely use them for future outings.

Greg B