“5 Day backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park”
Review of Wildland Trekking

Wildland Trekking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taking a full day to hike in the mountain wonderland of Rocky Mountain National Park is something you'll never forget! Join us for a guided Colorado day hike into the high peaks of the Continental Divide! Our hiking tours will take you to the waterfalls, wildlife, wildflowers, alpine meadows, and mountain summits in this breathtaking national park. Tours include snacks, lunch, poles and guide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 September 2017

My son and I had a great week with Wildland Trekking backpacking in Rocky National Park. Our tour guide Mary was outstanding. The places we visited were beautiful, food was great, equipment provided was very good and we felt safe the entire time. It was physically challenging but not crazy. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 August 2016

A basic sight seeing all day trip driving through the park and taking in everything nature has to offer was fantastic.

If you have a National Parks lifetime senior pass, entering the park will cost you nothing.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

This trip exceeded all our expectations. It was our second trip with Wildland Trekking and they did another great job! Our guides Emily and Joy were fabulous - knowledgeable, hardworking, organized, personable, fun, engaging. The base camp trip allowed us to see 5 different parts of the park without carrying a large backpack. The hikes were well planned and the views amazing. We saw moose and elk as we hiked through the back country. My husband and I went and we were joined by four other people (none of whom knew each other)...and we had a great time together. We highly recommend Wildland.... a great way to experience our National Parks!

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent tuition and hike guidance to see some spectacular views. Russ Nordstrand certainly caters to your level of ability. One of the box!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2016

This was my third trip with Wildland Trekking Company and they have all been great. On this trip the guides, Joy and Emily were fantastic as is par for the guides I have experienced so far with WTC. From beginning to end, they were professional, yet personable and funny. They were attentive to everyone's individual needs without sacrificing anyone's enjoyment of the trip. All the meals were excellently prepared, individual dietary needs were met and no one went hungry, for sure. Emily and Joy challenged us at times, especially going up Mt. Chiquita, but in a way that made you feel great about yourself. I personally suffered from serious blisters and they did a great job taking care of those, which allowed me to complete all the hikes. As with my previous trips, it was sad to see it end. I can only say that anyone looking for a company to travel with should seriously look at Wildland Trekking Company!

I was on the Yellowstone 5 day backpacking trip with Scott Abrams in 2010, the Yellowstone Base Camp trip with Merik Morgan in 2014, I apologize for not remembering the 2nd guide's name, as she was excellent too, along with this Rocky Mountain National Park Base Camp trip with Emily Rolando and Joy Menet. I give all three trips Excellent reviews along with the guides.

Richard Forst