“Surprised at coolness on the peak”
Review of Mount LeConte

Mount LeConte
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most popular hiking mountains in the park.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Youngest daughter in western NC for river certification, and we overnighted here for a trip up to the top of Mt LeConte. Took the steeper, rockier trail up, and discovered LeConte Lodge where we bought coffee because it was so cool up there and sat on their deck. We also walked up a short way the trail through the pines from the lodge to the very top and took amazing pictures. Coming back down, we took the grassier path and came down much faster than we went up, using walking sticks, and arriving just before dark.

2  Thank Sightsee_Eat
in 6 reviews
"an early start"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We chose Alum Cave Trail, about 5.5 miles, for our LeConte summit hike. The trail and the day were beautiful. The lodge at the top is a nice place to relax for awhile before the trip down. The summit is marked with a large cairn but no view from here so continue to Myrtle Point. The views from Cliff Tops and Myrtle Point are amazing. Go up early to beat the crowd on the trail and to have time to enjoy the summit. The Alum Cave Trail offers a lot to see on the way to the summit. The Cave is a great place to rest before the steady climb to the summit.

1  Thank Wayne C
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Hiked the Blvd. Trail to the lodge. Check in was easy. Employees were really nice and helpful. Food was great,tasty and we were given plenty to eat at each meal. Scenery was great . Took Alum Cave trail down the next morning.. There were a few issues that i wasn't really happy about. I slept on the single bed in our cabin. The pad that was on it offered absolutely no cushioning. The bed reminded me of the time I once slept on a concrete picnic table. Coffee provided at the office in the morning was cold. The tee shirts that are only sold at the lodge are a souvenir that I would liked to have purchased. There were none available in my size 2x. I asked about 3x, none in that size either. The dining area was clean,however the office and cabins were dusty and the floors were filthy. For the price we paid I expected.better value. It would be acceptable if it was half the price they charge.

5  Thank Wlt4570
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I hiked Mt. LeConte with 9 friends and it was an amazing experience. It took anywhere from 4.5 to 5.5 hours for the hikers in my group to ascend to the LeConte Lodge, and then the summit is past that another 20 minutes approximately. Make sure to pack energy snacks, lunch and plenty of water. I drained my 3 liter water pack completely!

1  Thank Dawn1208