“The "Money" Walk for Travelers with Mobility Limitations”
Review of Maricopa Point

Maricopa Point
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Since I'm limited on how long and how far I can walk with my rollator, I have to be selective on my hikes. After walking halfway to the overlook, I knew I HAD to complete this hike. This was one of my most memorable parts of the Grand Canyon. This was my second visit to GCNP and well worth the revisit.

1  Thank sheilak2015
"west"
"hermit"
"creek"

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Maricopa Point was our last point view on the rim hike from Hermit’s Rest. Here Grand Canyon forms a narrow promontory, extending northeast then dropping vertically and continues much lower down as a thin ridge between Horn Creek and the larger Garden Creek. From here you can get excellent views to both east and west of the canyon and the Colorado River below. One of the main landforms observed from this point is the aptly called Battleship You can also see Dana Butte and Bright Angel.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

A little more intimate viewpoint than some of the others. You are able to see some close up details, before the view opens up to a vista of the canyon. This is the first look we had at hikers on the Bright Angel Trail.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

It is hard to go wrong when trying to find a great location along the south rim. Maricopa Point is but one of many excellent choices.