3 Hour Back-Road Safari to Grand Canyon with Entrance Gate By-Pass at 9:30 am

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Google
Ways to Experience Bright Angel Trail
2,398 results
All reviews indian garden plateau point bright angel rest house phantom ranch rest stop mile resthouse great hike mile mark colorado river grand canyon turned around rest area water stops south kaibab start early bring lots of water
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2021

I went on this hike with my parents who are in their late 50s. We are all at different fitness levels. I am in my late 20s and in relatively good shape - I had no problems (other than the heat) on this hike. My father works out 3x a week and had some trouble with the hike. We live in FL so he found the hike back up difficult due to the incline. My mother does not work out traditionally and she struggled but did better than my dad. My point? It is a tough hike for beginners. Don't go down further than you believe that you can get up. Take your time, plenty of water, and a cooling towel.

1  Thank aimkmiami
Reviewed 10 July 2021

This is one of if not the most popular trail that actually goes into the canyon. First time I was there, I was confused to discover it gets hotter as you go deeper. Apparently cold does not sink at the GC. And apparently I was not the only one who didn't realize this. We came across dozens and dozens of people who looked like they were seriously about to die within the top quarter mile of this trail. So I strongly advise staying on the rim if you are not in shape. While it was only about 80 degrees on the rim, it quickly rose above 90 not far below it, and was over 100 down by the river. If you are in shape for it though, this is one of the best hikes in the west.

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank Travellinguy2013
Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

Make sure to leave early for this hike if going in the summer. It gets hot with little shade because you are exposed going down into the canyon. But great views and well supported with bathrooms only 1.5 miles down. It does get busy so yet another reason to go early.

Reviewed 5 July 2021 via mobile

Absolutely love this trail. The views!! But, here is a warning…two of our 8 family members had trouble with this hike. Had they only gone to the 1.5 mile marker and turned around, it would have been ok. Instead, they went to the 3 mile marker (the one before Indian Garden). And remember, when hiking in a canyon, what goes down must come back up! In the heat, that is extremely difficult. Two other family members made it a little beyond Indian Garden and almost beat the rest of us back up. To be 21 again!

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

This trail was hard AF. Not knowing going into it, we learned it along the way. I still rated it a 5 because of the incredible views & memories we made during our 5.5 mile hike.