“It's no longer there - now called the Canyon Steakhouse”
Review of Nenana View Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Nenana View Bar & Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The restaurant has changed ownership, now called the Canyon Steakhouse. Didn't eat there but thought people should know

1  Thank Jannene W

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

We ate here since we were staying at the resort as part of our Alaska tour. He food was very good as was the service. It took a little bit longer to get our food but that was because they were really busy.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

It is a nice little bar at the end of the chalet. We enjoyed drinks there with some new friends on the tour. After a full day and late excursion we enjoyed a pizza for supper since they were still open after 10pm.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

Since my husband and I were staying here as part of our HAL land/cruise it made good sense to have breakfast here. We had breakfast on 8/13/15 and 8/15/15. Our first breakfast was simple as we had a limited amount of time. We were going on a tour of Denali NP so had to order something fast and easy. Michael was our server and he took our order quickly and delivered our food fast. He knew of our time limitation. He was great. My husband had a yogurt parfait with fruit and I had 1 egg over easy with toast. We both had coffee. Order taken at 8:20 am and we were on time for our 9 am shuttle! And we didn't rush eating! Food was tasty and my egg was perfectly cooked. Good tasting coffee. Bill was $25 which included tip for our fast, efficient server. Our second breakfast on 8/15/15 was not a time crunch situation. This time we had a good hour to enjoy breakfast. My husband ordered the Homestead breakfast-eggs over easy with reindeer sausage, home fries, biscuit and coffee. I had 1 egg over easy (I'm so boring!), a side of berries, toast, and coffee. This time our server was Abby and she was just as nice and good at the job as Michael. Bill $31 which included a tip for another wonderful server.

We had dinner here on 8/14/15 and we were lucky enough to have another great server-Katie. Nice selection of entrees on the menu. I had the choice Angus tenderloin steak which melted in my mouth. Cooked exactly as ordered-medium. Served topped with blue cheese walnut butter & demi glace. Out of this world yummy! Came with asparagus and au gratin potato square. I was very happy. My husband is not a red meat kind of guy so he got the Kodiak black rockfish which was layered with chorizo, toasted/seasoned breadcrumbs, oregano, and a simple beurre blanc sauce. He said the fish flaked as it should when cooked right. It came with rice pilaf. He enjoyed his dinner very much and washed it down with an Alaskan amber ale. I settled for coffee. Bill $86 which included the tip.

Because we did not have a reservation for dinner we were not able to get a table with any sort of view. if that's important to you consider making a reservation as the restaurant was busy.

We were happy with our breakfasts here as well as our dinner. Food was great, hot, and cooked just right. Service was fast and friendly.

1  Thank chris45ny
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We visited this restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The service was friendly and attentive. The ambience was busy but still comfortable. The food was good and was served in a timely manner. It is very busy at this restaurant and it is advised to make reservations for dinner. We had a long waiting time.