“Great local food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I was there last weekend with four friends of mine for a late lunch (and I mean late, at 2.30 PM) on a stormy summer day and we were very pleased with the place.
Even though the restaurant doesn’t look very modern (80’s/90’s vibes) it is very elegant and clean.
The service is professional and our waiter was very prepared.
The food was very good and the servings very generous.
I had mushroom tagliolini, who were absolutely amazing, and since I’m a vegetarian they prepared for me a mix of their veggie side dishes, quite good.
Apple pie then at the end was good too.

Among the 5 of us we had:

Water
5 espressos

Check was 25€ each.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We were just passing by in the morning and stopped by for a coffee. Impressed by the view, the friendly man in the bar and the extremely well kept restaurant and garden on the back side.

I would recommend a stop here and even a night at the hotel, just to enjoy the lovely set pool and garden.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

We were slightly lost, so stopped here for lunch and directions. They were busy - Sunday lunchtime - but found us a table, and served us quickly, no fuss, very friendly. Great pasta, huge portions, and what we saw going to other tables looked good too. We will be back!

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Two of my great grandparents emigrated from Sassalbo so we needed to seek it out on a recent trip (and it does require some searching!). We were trying to make our way down to the village but couldn't find the road--when coming from Fivizzano it's not well marked--and stopped here for lunch

This is literally the only place I've ever had ravioli that tasted like my grandmother's. The portions were ridiculously generous and the service was good. We weren't able to have a more complete meal with wine, etc., because of our schedule, but I'm hoping to make it back to the region soon and will definitely stop again with an empty stomach.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Mandatory stop if you are here by motorbike and you deserve some relaxing time after SS63 curves!

Here you can taste good meals based on mushrooms and further typical amenities from local area.

The restaurant is quite big, but I suggest the reservation in the week-end or during peak periods.

Staff is very gentle and can address with the right suggestions (for example with a tasting menu) and service is very quick.