“Superb Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Just had lunch At Eckington Manor with a friend yesterday, and both came away huge fans and planning to return, They have only recently started lunch (Thursday-Saturday) having previously just been open evenings and Sunday lunch, which is not my favourite meal. The setting is gorgeous, the hotel estate a perfect cross of contemporary (the dining room, kitchen and cookery school are in a converted dutch barn across the courtyard from the medieval main hotel building). The rapid fixe menu was perfect, and we both struggled a little to narrow down our selections. Everything we ate was beautifully prepared and presented, and delicious. It's fancy food and the portions are perfectly pitched for a multi course meal. Val had a chicken terrine with some delicate pickled vegetables (more than a garnish, but not too much) followed by a fat loin of hake. I had the creamy soup (was it cauliflower?) with a single largish tortellini in it followed by lamb shoulder with just enough portions of delicate mash and broccoli with some lovely purees - thankfully, not just smears (if it's good enough to be served on your plate there needs to be enough to actually eat). We had been unsure we'd be up for puds, but managed a very rich salted caramel tart with milk ice cream and a dainty slice of baked custard on the lightest of pastry bases, with a tart rhubarb sorbet and confit rhubarb. The service was outstanding, too. And the views from the 1st floor dining room across the Worcestershire countryside were just lovely. Altogether, I can't recommend this highly enough. My experience has been long waiting lists to get a table for the more established Sunday lunch service, and I urge everyone to get there for what must be a more interesting and diverse menu on other days.

1  Thank crmspencer

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It is incomprehensible how the Michelin inspectors can have omitted to include Eckington Manor into their stellar galaxy. The kitchen brigade produces food on an exceptional level , both in terms of imagination and technical expertise - as befits the winner of the "2016 Masterchef, The Profssionals " head chef Mark Stitchcombe.

My wife an I have eaten there four times now - the last occasion being over the Easter week-end , and both the food and the service were exceptional. The roast beef - from highland cattle bred on the Manor's own farm - was exceptional and the kitchen even produced a special meal (poussin ) for my wife which was not strictly on the menu , but this is what you get from this special place.

When you have a restaurant as good as this , it defies belief that Mark and his brigade have not been recognised by so called "professional" inspectors. Wake up Michelin !

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The food at Eckington manor is a constant array of flavours that you will not find anywhere else, presented in a way you won't find anywhere else, and is an absolute delight. I dream of being able to cook like this. Service is friendly, knowledgable and unobtrusive.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

What I can say is I was advised to try Eckington Manor,and it did not let down food of the highest quality and I've been fortunate to eat in some very good one's and this matched them all, service excellent and nothing was too much trouble,a great experience which most definitely will be repeated,thank you for a great pre Cheltenham races night .

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Fabulous!!!! If you want to eat wonderful food, cooked to perfection (by Mark- winner of BBC Masterchef the Professionals) book. If you want a beautifully designed bedroom with a quirky slant( our bedroom was in the cider press barn) then book. Lastly if you want unforgettable customer service, who make you feel at home, then book. Thank you all for making my birthday very special. We will return. X