“A lovely friendly club”
Review of Prenton Golf Club

Prenton Golf Club
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I've been a social member of this club for 27 years I now realise! My husband is a full golfing member.
The course is well maintained and Robin the golf pro is on hand if required.

The club welcomed us with open arms and is a friendly and active club with many social events
These are greatly enhanced by the long serving staff and also Sandra who heads up the Catering Team.

The food is excellent and has recently been voted one of the best club food services in the country! Not bad for what is often bulk catering.

All I can say is that if you're looking for a club that offers both a great course and an active social side, Prenton offers a great deal

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We played at Prenton Golf Club as part of the UK Corporate Games. The staff and members were great hosts and the course was in excellent condition. There are some terrific holes and the greats were very true and a good speed. Great day.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

We used this venue following my mothers funeral and found it to be an excellent choice. We had pre selected the buffet food with the catering staff and it was well presented and to a high standard.
Tea and coffee was unlimited to all our party for the length of stay .
I would highly recommend this venue and the views from the room where lovely across the golf course.

1  Thank JOHN E
Reviewed 21 January 2016

Prenton Golf Club is a hidden gem of a course on the Wirral. A wonderful parkland course in Prenton near Tranmere Rovers football ground. I had live there for 5 years before I knew it was there. Nice open course with plenty of challenges that make you want to come back and play again. The Club is very friendly and has excellent facilities from the balcony over looking the 18th to the large function room. Really worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Prenton Golf Club offers a great golf course coupled with a great social atmosphere all at an extremely competitive cost. It is a parkland course of 6429 yds (SSS 71). With wonderful views of the Welsh hills, it offers a challenge for golfers of all abilities. Owing to the warm welcome the course assets and fantastic condition it prides itself on being regularly picked for county level golf and competitions.
Having played it recently it has improved considerably over the past 2 years. Improvements have included new pathways, buggy hire, well cut fairways and the greens are regularly ironed. Very fast and I would compare it to any first class golf club. Definitely one of the best in Wirral. Very reasonable green fees, and several offers available both to individuals and range of membership packages are available if you wish to join,
I have also attended a wedding function - excellent facilities and very welcoming atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble,