See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I spent the August bank holiday here and I write this as we depart for home. This B&B is so cute and rustic and a really relaxed atmosphere. We felt we could wander about at our leisure and the ‘hands off’ approach of our hosts made us feel very relaxed- like it was our space. For those looking to stay here you need to know the rooms are converted stables which are so cute and colorful and comfy! Like the rest of the reviews the only downside is the toilet situation. Port-a-looks in the middle of the night ain’t great but once their toilet block is built I will definitely be back. Really lovely place and the kitten, cat and dog living there added some extra adorable charm that was the cherry on top for me.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David O, "2nd in command of the puppy Cavapoo! at B&B Sandstone Trail Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thanks for your lovely review Charlotte and for not cat knapping Phil, which you kindly offered to do! If we find another one like him I will let you know. Watch this space for timings on other developments here at sunny Bickerton x.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Loved every minute while we here we’ve only just came home now even though never got to meet owners with us arriving late we kept ourselves entertained had a fab bbq for tea and lovely breakfast put on was little too hungover to eat much haha fabulous 24hr pool aswell and loved the horse was friendly kept comin over to me to be stroked can’t wait to book again

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackie1936
David O, Head of Toilet cleaning and other important functions at B&B Sandstone Trail Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your kind review and for stroking Willy, our horse! We are sorry we were away and unable to meet you but look forward to this one day.

Kind regards
David and Kristy.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

If you want a 5* Hotel this is not the place, if you want 5* service, location and hospitality with a smile everyday and great quirky accommodation then keep reading.
We had booked the stables for Carfest, read the reviews like you do and was confident we had chosen well.... we had certainly chosen well, beyond our expectations!! The rooms are in converted stables, Kristy and David have left enough of the stables characters to make the rooms feel really unique and very well decorated.
If you can get over having to nip out for the loo ( which isn’t a problem as they are really close and well lit) then I recommend you try this place, it’s amazing.
Breakfast is in the shared kitchen and you get to meet the other guests which again adds to the fun, if your not chatty in the morning you can have your breakfast in your room or skip breakfast and have a swim in the indoor pool!!
We mentioned to Kristy that we wanted to get to Carfest and which was the safest place to walk with a pushchair! She was having none of that and insisted that they would take us every day and pick us up every evening, and that is exactly what happened... Kristy and David we cannot thank you enough for this as it made the weekend even better.
Our two year old daughter Maggie loved meeting the family dog ( which was also called Maggie ) the horse Willie and the little kitten Phil!! Just added to the fun
We will go back and are planning already for next years Carfest which was also amazing,

The Deane’s

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
David O, Farm hand at B&B Sandstone Trail Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

We loved having the Deanes stay with us on this special Car fest weekend and can report that Maggie Deane is far more better behaved and well brought up than our crazy Maggie (Cavapoo)!

Time will tell if Feral Phil will fulfil his promise as a top mouser as he is learning rapidly that guests are his best friends!

NB
Feral cat
Definition - A feral cat is a cat that lives outdoors and has had little or no human contact. They do not allow themselves to be handled or touched by humans and will run away if they are able. ... Even with long-term attempts at socialization, feral cats usually remain fearful and avoidant of humans!!!!!!!!!

Lots of Love

Kristy and David x

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at this amazing B and B and wow it really did exceed expectations! The property is totally unique and we loved it! The rooms are beautiful and the bed was so comfortable! The pool is an added bonus and it really is in the most beautiful surroundings. A special thank you to David the owner who couldn’t do enough to help us! He even dropped us off for and picked us up from a concert we attended a few miles away! Friendly, homely, unique and peaceful! We’ll be back!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
David O, Owner at B&B Sandstone Trail Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you Dan, much appreciated.

Great to meet you and look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Kind regards
David and Kristy

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here whilst I was attending a course locally, when looking around it was by far the place that stood out to me.

I arrived late on a Sunday which the owners were perfectly fine with and communicated thoroughly prior to my stay. I stayed with dogs and there was no extra charge for this. The local walks were amazing as was the location.

By far the owners are everything you could hope for.

You are staying opposite their house and you do cross the courtyard to the pool but this was always easily accessible, clean and tidy.

Absolutely amazing service by both owners, they are around generally but not annoying by any stretch. They 100% made me and my partner (when he visited) feel at home and very welcome. They recommended places to eat and where to walk. Their dog is super friendly too which is always a bonus.

It felt like a home from home. The breakfast was amazing every morning - if you would prefer anything different food wise they are more than happy to cater for you!

There are horses are on site and it feels like glamping. I thoroughly loved this. There is a portaloo but also toilet near the pool with shower with curtain, they are looking to change this over time but even still it had a good feel to it.

The pool, toilets, shower, kitchen and whole area was always remaining clean and tidy.

I came down with a virus on my last day as did some others on my course. I was staying alone at the his point and felt awful. The owners completely surpassed any expectation, they were there for me and on the other end of the phone for any help I need, any fluids etc. They checked on me in the morning and to be honest it felt amazing to have such caring people around me at this time.

Maybe you have to like the outside to stay here but for me this place is 100% recommended.

Keep doing what you are doing and thank you so much for our stay

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
David O, Owner at B&B Sandstone Trail Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Hi Helen,
You must have been so ill at the time, you forgot to mention in this review that we allowed you to stay an extra night free of charge ha ha ha.

Thankyou so much for such a wonderful review, it means a lot to us. We hope that you and your lovely dogs will return to stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,
Kristy

PS. Maggie sends her love!