“Don't waste your money and time” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crab Claw Island Resort

Crab Claw Island Resort
Darwin, Australia
“Don't waste your money and time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

I won't recommend this to anyone - I was asked by a friend if I would recommend for him to take his wife there and I said 'no'. You can't make yourself a cup of tea/coffee in your room, not allowed to prepare meals in your room, not allowed to have eskies in your room, there was wildlife in the bathroom, no phones in the room. The only good thing about the whole experience was the couple of wait staff in the restaurant...they were pleasant people....not all of the staff were though! We felt like intruders at this resort. We didn't feel welcome at all...but I noticed that the bigger groups who obviously had the money to spend were having a good time and received undevided attention from the staff at the resort!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank Pushka2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Broome
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

Found Crab Claw Island not quite up to calling themselves "Resort" but none the less a beautiful spot to explore. Staff not overly welcoming. Didnt try to promote what they had on offer, you had to just know these things or find out yourselves. Food ok, plenty of cold beer. Rooms pretty basic but didnt expect much more, nicely situated on stilts
Air cons VERY LOUD and old. Definately need to be upgraded, we left early due to lack of sleep from the noise of them.
Fair few rules too

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BroomePrincess
Eaton, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

Yep, it's Crab Craw, because that's how it often comes out, and we're sticking with it. Along with my husband and two friends, we spent two great nights at CCI. As with the previous post by KarksB, we had a pretty darn good time. Unfortunately we didn't catch any fish, nor did others who went out each day - maybe Karks got them all. However, I do have to mention that there were quite a number of crocs in the area (I know they were giving the crab pots put out by other visitors, a hard time) and may have also scared off a few fish - especially the big ones we were going to catch!.
We enjoyed our time at this little resort and loved watching the sun and moon come up over the bay/harbour - a nice place to escape the city.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sue C
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

This place is about one and a half hours from Darwin - on the Bynoe Harbour. Rooms are very comfortable (not flash) - air conditioned and have comfortable beds and a fridge - restaurant is open early to late and the food is VERY good. Cabins are right on the beach and the sun rises are to die for. The harbour is full of fish and you don't need a boat to catch them - off the beach is great. We had the best of times

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KarksB
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

This was the best holiday ever - owner Jax Campbell picked me up at Darwin airport and from that point on did everything she could to make my dreams of a fishing holiday in Australia's Top End come true. Coming from New Zealand I am used to fishing trips where one or two decent fish make a good day's fishing but at Crab Claw I was catching queen fish, golden travelly, giant travelly, moon fish, even a small barra (and few cat fish and a very large ray) off the beach. In one of Crab Claw's boats, well in sight of their bar and restaurant, I hooked a nice jew fish and a very nice queen fish. I could have asked crab Claw's chef to cook these fish but I thought it better to put them back to grow even bigger - good job too - the afternoon I caught my first decent barra Jamis the chef had been out crabbing and, eating with the staff, I was served a huge portion of the largest crab I have ever seen in my life. The accomodation - a cabin - was comfortable and air conditioned - the meals were enjoyable, the fishing great, the bar well stocked and the staff couldn't do enough for me - my only moan is that the only coffee available was instant - but after a couple of days in the tropics my thirst was more satisfied by water and beer than by the caffine that is my addicition in New Zealand - thanks Jax and Crab Claw - I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Palms City Resort
Palms City Resort
#2 of 38 in Darwin

Been to Crab Claw Island Resort? Share your experiences!