“Very good”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea & cake
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Bacon brie and chilli jam panini's from personal experience are excellent and highly recommended. The cafe is easy to understand and the staff there are very well presented and are very friendly.

1  Thank Dan A

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Recommended by area colleague. Confused upon entry - narrow hallway ahead & small dining room to right, but no signage & no greeting from any staff. Went down hallway & found a queue waiting at sandwich counter, so queued & placed order. Counter staff very friendly & helpful. Brought my food into dining room & sat down to lunch. Halfway through meal, waitress suddenly appears and informs me I'm not meant to be there - apparently I ordered from "take-away" and seating area is for "dine in". I said sorry but I couldn't tell the difference. Waitress proceeded to explain, in a testy and condescending manner, the difference between "take-away" and "dine-in". I told her I was aware of this concept but didn't have any clue it was in force at Foodies, until she interrupted my lunch. She said it was alright if I stayed but thy she wanted to make sure I understood the rules. I said no thanks, I'll eat elsewhere. Complained to manager, who offered shrugging half-hearted apology & didn't seem able to take on board that guests had no inkling where to go to get served (I watched two couples wander around looking before the waitress confronted me). What a let-down. Spoiled lunch & spoiled mood on a beautiful afternoon in Oxfordshire. "Foodies" maybe, but not "friendlies". Steer clear.

2  Thank PhilipPhelps
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Overpriced, flustered waiting staff, order wrong, invasive dean martin "mood music" - smell of burned cooking fat

3  Thank Kate22Brighton
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I went with my partner for an early lunch today. It took ages for them to clear the table. We ordered.
Thirty minutes later, after customers who had come after us had been served, a waiter came and asked if we were waiting for food. We looked shocked. "You've not ordered food have you." She asked.
We said we had and we had been waiting. She asked us to remind her what we had ordered and we told her. "Oh yes, it is just coming" oh no it wasn't.
We were told the people who came in after us had been seated outside. They weren't. Well they ordered a takeaway. They didn't.
When our order eventually came it was wrong. I ordered salad in my sandwich. I had to,ask again and it came as a side.
My partner ordered brown toast with his meal. They brought white. I asked why and was told they had run out of brown bread.
I feel they tried to fob us off. They lost our order and tried to cover it up.
Until today we were regular customers. Not any more. The service was abysmal.

5  Thank MargaretMM
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Visited, sat outside where we were told the waitress and kitchen side would be a long wait, the quick service counter was empty so I ordered simple baps to eat outside or go. As the quick service counter was quiet they made my wife's fast where all the sudden the over aggressive waitress soured over everyone to say "he's sitting outside" then took my wife's nap into the kitchen where we then were punished and had to wait 20 minutes before they brought the 2 baps out! So unnecessary and disrespectful to the fact we were in a hurry.

4  Thank Rory A