All reviews cooked fresh on arrival village laterooms cereal
Reviewed 22 February 2017

The Unicorn is an old building which shows in the uneven floors and not-quite closing windows but I found the en suite room comfortable.
The bar serves a good selection of real ales with an open fire with a couple of armchairs to sit and read a book. It is used by locals giving it a friendly atmosphere.
I didn't try the restaurant as they do not serve meals on Mondays but the landlady recommended a nearby restaurant.
It is located in a picturesque village, worth visit.
Breakfast is continental with a choice of locally made fresh croissants/pastries and cereal.

Room Tip: Single room is small so a double room would be advisable.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Twristiaeth
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

An interesting place to visit as well as the village. The choice on the menu is reasonable but the food is very good, and I was certainly felt welcome. It looks like it has a clientele of regulars too, so the overall atmosphere as a visitor was very pleasing and relaxing.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Maybe I was just unlucky......?

The welcome on arrival was great and friendly, room was OK, it's an old inn with uneven walls and floors etc and that's without a drink.

Room was lovely and warm, great Wifi and comfy bed, left very early before breakfast so I can't comment on food but and it's a huge but.......

THIS IS THE NOISE EST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN.

The Inn is small so must only have half a dozen rooms, but 12pm noisy guests shouting in the corridor, then again at 2:30am then 3:30 am, with a fall out and a comical "do one then" combined with the church bells going every hour in the village square, by the time it got to 5:30am I had enough, showered and left.

Maybe I was unlucky, everything else was ok, but not being able to sleep after a long day and with another long day ahead.

Thanks to the totally inconsiderate other guests, or staff?

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Pub and staff really lovely, but bedrooms need a lot of TLC. Our room was freezing cold, with a gale blowing through the windows. Central heating was on a timer, so had no way of heating room when it went off. Carpets all need replacing, as they are filthy dirty, and cause the whole of the upstairs to stink. When booking I asked if it was noisy, and was told no, but they somehow didn't tell me there was a fun fair outside our window

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We have stayed here previously and have always enjoyed our time here. There is a friendly atmosphere and the food is excellent. Staff are lovely and very interactive we are looking forward to our next visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple