All reviews cooked fresh on arrival village laterooms cereal
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Maybe I was just unlucky......?

The welcome on arrival was great and friendly, room was OK, it's an old inn with uneven walls and floors etc and that's without a drink.

Room was lovely and warm, great Wifi and comfy bed, left very early before breakfast so I can't comment on food but and it's a huge but.......

THIS IS THE NOISE EST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN.

The Inn is small so must only have half a dozen rooms, but 12pm noisy guests shouting in the corridor, then again at 2:30am then 3:30 am, with a fall out and a comical "do one then" combined with the church bells going every hour in the village square, by the time it got to 5:30am I had enough, showered and left.

Maybe I was unlucky, everything else was ok, but not being able to sleep after a long day and with another long day ahead.

Thanks to the totally inconsiderate other guests, or staff?

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Pub and staff really lovely, but bedrooms need a lot of TLC. Our room was freezing cold, with a gale blowing through the windows. Central heating was on a timer, so had no way of heating room when it went off. Carpets all need replacing, as they are filthy dirty, and cause the whole of the upstairs to stink. When booking I asked if it was noisy, and was told no, but they somehow didn't tell me there was a fun fair outside our window

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We have stayed here previously and have always enjoyed our time here. There is a friendly atmosphere and the food is excellent. Staff are lovely and very interactive we are looking forward to our next visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times now while on business in the area. Staff are always welcoming. Food in the restaturant has been very good every time I have eaten there. Rooms are a little quirky but it is an old building so don't have a problem with that at all. All in all a good place to stay whether you are there for business or pleasure.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Not the best stay, room was dirty-covered in fly's but I get this happens when windows are left open,bath was dirty, then the bathroom door wouldn't open the second day of my stay.Bed was broken. I must say staff were helpful but I was disappointed when the staff member sorting out my complaint admitted the bed and room wasn't up to standard-why let us book it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family