All reviews cooked fresh on arrival village laterooms cereal
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I found the Unicorn by chance some months ago when I was in Deddington and wanted lunch. At the time I resolved to return and stay. Seven months later I made it!
I wasn't disappointed, friendly GOOD food a rare genuine kitchen not warmed over reheated meals. Even on a Thursday the food service was busy, but we were still accommodated and our food arrived in good time. Our room was simple but tasteful and in keeping with the Inn itself.
Good value, good food and pleasant accommodation, can't fault the place. It's also nice to see young people in charge doing something independent and doing it well.
Thanks we'll be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeinfranceSavenay
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I needed somewhere to stay on a regular basis for work and found the Unicorn to fit the bill. Accommodation was good an old building so sloping floors and quirky rooms but tidy & wifi throughout which is a bonus. I found it very busy in the small bar & didn't eat there as I knew of several other places nearby. It does state breakfast is continental so don't expect much not an issue for me as I'm usually up & gone by the time it starts. I see people complained about noise but being on the top floor it wasn't an issue for me. Good location in a small village with a shop, I'll stop again as & when I need to

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I stayed here for one night on a business stopover. Check in was easy and informal (the room was paid for in advance). This is a pub with a restaurant, and I was shown to my tom directly above the bar. The room was ok, spacious enough but quirky, with uneven floors which meant having to be careful when placing things on tables (yes they did slide off). I ate in the bar rather than the restaurant and the food was very good and not over priced. The bar itself had a good selection of beers and lagers. It got very busy, several deep at the bar, not helped by a lot of people choosing to sit at the bar. I went to bed and the noise from the bar area was quite loud. There was also noise from adjoining rooms. Breakfast didn't start until 7.30, by which time I was on the road. If I was in the area I would go there to eat, but I would not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I booked into the Unicorn to attend the Cropredy - Fairport Convention Festival. I arrived mid morning Saturday and was welcomed by the management team who took my bags as the room wasn't expected to be ready for check in until 2pm. I phoned the Unicorn Inn mid afternoon to confirm that I would be arriving back after midnight. I was reassured that my room was available and they'd actually upgraded me to the Unicorn Room and they would be still open to welcome me. The room was comfortable and clean. Spacious Bathroom - no wardrobe but hanging space. The breakfast was excellent, with choice of fruits and cereals and then full English offered. The check out was simple as I'd booked with Booking.com. I will certainly consider staying here again when visiting Cropredy. The village of Deddington was a typically 'middle England - beautiful place'. Very near to Blenheim Palace (16 miles) and lots of walking

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Loved this place....fun, quaint, friendly and a great place to stay. Found the Unicorn by chance when looking for hotels in Banbury....and so glad I did. From when I arrived I found the welcome warm and friendly, the ale excellent, the room was great (stayed in the Centaur) and the venison burger was absolutely fantastic. Was at ease chatting to the locals and travelers - a great atmosphere.

Will definitely be back - friendly staff cannot do enough for you. Hope you enjoy this Inn as much as I did

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business