All reviews cooked fresh on arrival village laterooms cereal
Reviewed 11 May 2015

We stayed for a girls weekend away. The greeting was welcoming and laid back even though we arrived during the busy evening dinner service. We had not booked for dinner and the dinning area was full but the manager managed to book us in for a late dinner which was amazing . Evening dinner was excellent and breakfast was tasty with what i assumed were local sausages !
The room was clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. We will all definitely go again !! Well done

Room Tip: Room 1, unicorn room is the family room and slept three adults comfotably
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Eventually I managed to get in the place and was shown to a very nice room comfortable and well appointed ,so far so good ,I then had what was a mediocre meal from an overpriced menu where all the staff were friendly in what is quite a nice bar , on retiring to a comfortable bed I could then hear every word spoken in the bar until it finaly closed ,this was from a room above where the sound drifted up the stairway.breakfast was a total and utter disaster and I will spare the details but it was a real amature shambles I will never return again and put it down to experience which is a pity .

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night stay at The Unicorn Inn and I can't recommend it highly enough. The facade may be understated, but what lies behind is a real delight. The rooms were stylishly decorated with plenty of toiletries, the staff were friendly and welcoming and the evening meal was one of the tastiest I've eaten in a long time. The bar was family-friendly by day and full of energy by evening. I just wish the weather had been good enough to enjoy the garden.

Johnny and Chris have clearly worked hard to refurbish and rejuvenate this place - well done to them both...we will be back!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2014

We have recently returned to staying at 'The Unicorn' and found it to be very good. The rooms have all been refurbished (including the plumbing which is now sorted) and redecorated to a high standard. The current owners have really made an effort to bring this venue up to a very good standard

The restaurant is of a very high standard with a good menu of well cooked food and the pub itself is vibrant with a good clientele

In terms of value for money this has to be one of the top places to stay in the area with very friendly owners and staff

Room Tip: The best room is the one located above the 'snug' bar.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We really enjoyed staying here and I have already recommended this to friends and family as a place to eat, to stay or just spend an evening in the good company of strangers at the bar.
The staff were friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable.
The food was really good and the staff were as attentive as they could be without being 'too much'.
We joined the locals in the bar and had a great time too.
Would really recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple