USD 336
USD 188
Trip.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 274/night.

USD 105
Mita Kaikan(Minato)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 104
USD 101
Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho(Minato)(Great Value!)
USD 84
MYSTAYS Official
All reviewsconvenience storebuddhist templehamamatsucho stationle pain quotidientempura restaurantbasement levelmita linewestern optionsminute walkdecent hotelcomfortable roomsmini fridgean amazing viewcomfortable staybreakfast buffethotel is locatedwalking distance
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I booked superior double room, high floor through Agoda, and I was given a room on 10th floor, which was the highest of this hotel (except for the lounge floor).
Hotel is nicely old and classic, and you can feel that this hotel is quite high-end. I loved this hotel so much more than I expected. I once stayed at Intercontinental Tokyo Bay, but Tokyo Prince Hotel is waayyyy better! The room condition, staff, the view, everything! I personally thought the cheapest room of Tokyo Prince Hotel was even better than Club room at Intercontinental Tokyo Bay.
Tokyo Tower view was fantastic! I was afraid I might see the only part of Tokyo Tower because it is so close to the hotel but I could see the whole Tokyo Tower, loved the view and could seat there and watch it forever.

Tokyo Prince Hotel was beyond perfect up until I met the rudest hotel staff in my whole life!
I went down for the breakfast, I admit it was super busy sunday morning, packed.
There were tables along the window to see out the garden, but the tables were all taken and I was informed to seat at the sofa at the back, which was fine.
Later I saw that the table along the window was empty so I walked to a male staff who was cleaning the table and said 'Excuse me' in English. Then, that male staff didn't even bother to look at me and yelled at me "NO!". NO what? I only said Excuse me with a smile. He couldn't be bothered to deal with me and he waved at other staff then she came to me, walked with me back to my table and explained that this table along the window is only for 3 or more people. So I said I understand that now, and thank you for kindly explaining that to me, and that male staff was super rude. (The kind female staff was Miss Ryuda, European who can speak fluent English and Japanese). She tried to cover that he isn't normally like that but he did only because it was busy morning. I still don't think that gives him a permission to yell at a customer. I have never been yelled at a hotel, even at the crappy one. This was definitely something you don't expect from 4~5 star hotels, and definitely not from Tokyo Prince Hotel.
Tokyo Prince Hotel has its history, its pride to be one of the oldest hotel is Tokyo, and the perfect Tokyo Tower view but the whole thing can be ruined by one staff who thinks he can yell at a customer if he is swampted at work.
I talked to the front desk while I was checking out about this, I didn't have much time and there was no manager available at that time, so instead of complaining at their face I wrote a very very long customer feedback. Hope the general manager received the feedback. I still can feel the anger when I think about what happened at the Tokyo Prince Hotel. I loved this hotel so much but I don't think I want to recommend this hotel to my friends, after what I have been through.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank nooril248
prk-mpr, 支配人 at Tokyo Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you very much for staying at the Tokyo Prince Hotel. We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your writing down your impressions, and are happy that the facilities, your room and the view of Tokyo Tower met with your expectations; however, due to the thoughtless behavior of one male staff, your visit was marred. We wish to deeply apologize for that. We take your comments seriously as we try to ensure that each and every guest has a comfortable stay. We will continue to make efforts to improve.
Again, our sincerest apologies.We look forward to greeting you again if you visit Tokyo in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I stayed in this hotel with my daughter from 19th-25th Feb 2018 nothing special arrangements based on our length of stay.

The only issue is because of one of the staff named Mariko [--] neglected to arrange my request, a surprise cake and flowers for my daughter 18th birthday (the highlight of our trip) due to her lack of follow-up and mis-communication. It was delivered at night instead of early morning. The Hotel manager (Mr. Koji) apologized and drove us by himself to Disneyland, provided some drinks in the minibar and assist to arrange the taxi on our check-out date going to the station.

As I am working in the hotel industry, i would suggest to this hotel the staff should not argue with your guests just to cover your mistakes. proper training and must explain to the guests what and where are the Hotel facilities apply personal touch upon check-in.

The rests are fine, tokyo tower just behind the hotel, some staff are friendly and others are snobish. Walking distance in some train station. Were given 2-days complimentary water to compensate their negligence. Special thanks to Mr. Koji.

Room Tip: Only standard room is with tokyo tower view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank NVDubaiUAE
prk-mpr, 支配人 at Tokyo Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you very much for staying at the Tokyo Prince Hotel. We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your writing down your impressions. We take your suggestions seriously as we try to ensure that each and every guest has a comfortable stay.
It was a true honor that you chose to celebrate your daughter's birthday at our hotel, and we wish to sincerely apologize for our staff's miscommunication and behavior concerning the preparation.
We will continue to make efforts to improve our training and service, including better check-in guidance, and are looking forward to greeting you again if you visit Tokyo in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I rarely wrote any negative comments, esp somewhere in Japan.

We have double check with hotel concierge about the airport bus. Before we started our last day visiting, the concierge respond “ok bus follow timetable”, so we left our luggages in the storage. While it’s about afternoon, we return to the hotel and ready to get on bus, but there is no any airport bus. By the way, this hotel location is not convenient, so it will be very difficult to pull luggages to any public transportation. After couple minutes, the other concierge came out to the bus stop and asked if we are heading to the airport. Unfortunately, we have just informed at the moment that airport bus need to be reserve before a day.

Lastly, after be informed there has no any bus at the moment and we have asked hotel to advise what will be other option to get to airport. The respond is very unfriendly and difficult communicate in English.

However, it is kind of hard to imagine this situation could happened in Japan.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VanessaChou
prk-mpr, 支配人 at Tokyo Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your feedback;
however, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by the concierge's inadequate information regarding the airport bus schedule. We sincerely apologize.
To ensure our customers' comfort, we will strive to improve service integrity so that there will be no similar occurrence.
Again, thank you for your valuable opinion.
We hope to have the opportunity to greet you once again if you visit Tokyo .

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at both Prince Hotel and Princes Park Hotel . Both are within 500 metes of each other and within a 5 minute walk to the iconic Tokyo tower.

Princes Park hotel is more expensive but for that you get to stay in a more modern and upmarket hotel. Nicer rooms better breakfast buffet selection and stunning views.

Prince hotel by comparison is a 3 star compared to a good
4 star. Its still nice and for Tokyo hotel accomodation value for money. Rooms especially by Tokyo standards are are good size.

The hotel is getting a little long in the tooth and coyld do with some modernization but havinf said that they are clean and comfortable.

The staff are a big plus very polite ans attentive. That aplies to both hotels.

The location is very Handy to a good selection of restaurants and the Metro train system all within 10 minutes walk. I love walking aroing the side streets to eat in one of the many small traditional restaurants always an experience not to be missed.

My top tip if you can have the choice and are staying more in central Tokyo fly into Haneda Airport rather than Narita Airport . Its so much closer and handier. Prince Park hotels are both connected to Haneda Airport with Bus Limousine service that will take you to the airport for 950 yen. A taxi is about 20 minutes in light Traffic and cost around 6500 yen.
Depending on your budget both hotels are worth staying in.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
prk-mpr, 支配人 at Tokyo Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you very much for staying at both The Prince Park Tower and the Tokyo Prince Hotel. We appreciate your patronage. We are always striving to create the finest environment for our guests’relaxation and comfort, and guests' comments help us to evaluate and refine our standards.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, facilities and location. If you have the opportunity to visit Tokyo in the near future, we hope that we will once more have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This was the last hotel of a very long trip and I only needed it for one night. With so many other chooses in Tokyo I regret choosing this one. My flight in was delayed so I didn’t make it to the hotel until after 1am. While checking in I asked if I could check out an hour later so we could get some sleep. I was lectured by the desk man that I need to check out at the stated time. He went and got his supervisor, who lectured me also. I was tired and just wanted to get to bed. I wish I never asked for the extra hour because that ended up costing me 30 minutes and I went to bed very frustrated. The hotel itself isn’t that bad. There is a high charge to use the pool, which was closed during my visit anyway. The hallways are dark and have a dingy feeling. The bed is comfortable and the rooms are good sized. The bathrooms are very small, almost to small. The location is pretty good for sightseeing. I will never return to this
Hotel and I suggest finding a different one.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for staying at the Tokyo Prince Hotel. We sincerely apologize that the stay did not meet your expectations.You arrived after a delayed flight and were inconvenienced due to our hotel's poor communication, which took up too much of your time when you were so tired. Your evaluation was truly appreciated as you brought attention to areas that we need to focus on. We are also grateful for your comments concerning the room and location, but as your visit was clearly marred by our lack of service, we are very sorry.
If given the opportunity, we would appreciate serving you if you visit Tokyo again.