“Very Good Local Yakiniku”
Review of Ginza Cobau

Ginza Cobau
Ranked #36 of 1,061 Restaurants in Ginza
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I tried few Yakiniku places in Ginza but this is so far the best ever. We ordered the dinner set which included all the different parts of “good” meat as they described and of course the food is delicious.
Not many seats pls make sure u book before coming.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I was really impressed by excellent meets. I ordered chef's recommendation "GINZA Course" costing 12,000JPY per person. Most of meets are barbecued with staff's hands, so we can comfortably enjoy meets which are the most suitable conditions. All staffs are very courteous.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We liked this place so much that we came back again during our 5 day trip to Tokyo.

Firstly, we were a little put off by what we "had" to order. One set per person and no extras until after everything had been served. After that, we realized that it was really a perfectly designed combination of all the different cuts of meat; each course consisting of 1-2 bites, with a refreshing soup to reset the palate in between and sukiyaki at the end. By the last course, we were so full that any extras would have definitely gone to waste. So in a sentence - go there and just stick to the program. This place knows what it is doing!

Most staff don't speak English but they do have an English menu available and at least one English speaking waitress on hand to explain all the courses. Then it's up to you to grill the meat as you like, but they'll suggest "only a few seconds on each side" or "cook more strongly" depending on the cut. Really, really loved the sukiyaki course at the end, when they give you a choice of rice bowl sizes. We were so full but still managed a small bowl each.

Total cost per person for the Cobau set was JPY8500 but worth every cent in my opinion. That would get you a lot less in an upscale steakhouse in my city.

They have "private" rooms separated by a sliding door that easily fit our family of 10. Worth booking these in advance as the common seating areas were a little loud. Overall atmosphere was great though and service unfailingly polite even though we didn't speak the language. We will definitely return here for a treat on our future trips to Tokyo.

1  Thank wildchild188
Reviewed 2 October 2015

This is one High End Yakiniku restaurant

I'm no expert when it comes to Yakiniku , my experience is very limited but enough to tell good from bad , So with comparison to Nakahara , as good as it is , I think Cobau is much better

Due to their marination ,
They bring plenty of flavor to their beefs , with wide variety of cuts from cattle all over Japan

On the other side , they managed to make their Kimchi lovable ( and I hate kimchi )
To end my meal we had probably the best and simplest bibimbap along with Sesame ice cream

Highly recommended

Reviewed 7 April 2015

Great yakuniku in Ginza. Try one of two set courses that gives you 7 types of meats(one also includes sukiyaki). Not too expensive and the food is really good. The place is a bit hard to find for a tourist since the sign outside is entirely in kanji and the its located on the 5th floor. You need to enter an anonymous elevator to reach the restaurant.

Been to Ginza Cobau? Share your experiences!