Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 72
USD 48
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 78/night.

New Osaka Hotel(Yodogawa)
USD 98
USD 74
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Claiton Shinosaka(Yodogawa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 67
USD 63
USD 74
USD 58
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 66/night.

USD 60
USD 53
Rakuten Travel
USD 97
Hotels.com
Shin-Osaka Backpacker's Hostel(Yodogawa)(Great Value!)
All reviewsshinkansen stationminute walkinnsjapanenglishosaka
Reviewed 4 January 2015

We have been to other hotels(Nagoya & Kyoto) during this trip, although all their hotels in Japan are clean they are also known for small rooms but this hotel(Toyoko inn) had bigger rooms compared to others we've stayed, like other hotels they are also clean & comfortable but this one has a cozy room different from the rest. I would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Toyoko Inn is a chain of 2-star hotels (not sure if there is any 3-star among them) found all over Japan and in South Korea as well. This is my second time staying in a Toyoko Inn hotel. The first time was 2 years ago in Hakodate in Hokkiado, which is a great place for a driving holiday.

I cannot ever forget how wonderful the hotel is. It is really good value but the room is very small which is fine with us. To create space, you are encouraged to place your bags or luggage under the bad. If you open one suitcase, you will have difficulty moving around the room. There is no cupboard. Clothing is to be hung on the wall. The room is very neat and clean throughout. Bathroom, though small, is very clean and has everything we need. Pardon my saying this, your bottom will be well pampered by the toilet bowl - it washes and blows dry.. you know what.

Room has telephone, TV, dressing table with a chair, fridge, kettle, cups and free WIFI. Though close to the railway tracks with trains running all the time (my room window has a good and nice view of them), it was not that noisy to trouble us at all. We could sleep very peacefully, night after night. Basically, the small little room has everything to make life very comfortable, at least for us.

I paid Y44,880 (incl tax) for a double-room (#613) for 6 nights, In US$, it would be about US$75 per night (at US$1=Y99.5). Incidentally, the single room is about US$65 (incl tax) per night. Room area and bed size for both room types are the same. I know because I had both. I had 2 single rooms for my 2 adult children (#519 & #521).

The hotel provides free breakfast from 7.00am to 9.30am in the lobby area on the ground floor. The breakfast is quite simple. It consisted of Japanese rice rolls, miso soup, noodles, bread, jam, juices, coffee and tea. In this same place, there is a water dispenser where one can have hot and cold water anytime. Close to this water dispenser is a cupboard which stocks a supply of sleeping gowns or pyjamas, free for all hotel guests to use. Washing machine and dryer are also located in this area. Y200 for a 4.5-kg wash and Y100 for half an hour drying. Detergent costs Y30. Combs/brushes and shavers are provided free only at the reception area. A laptop and printer can be found next to the reception area and these can be used by hotel guests.

Hotel folks were very helpful and approachable but their English was quite limited. I wish I could speak some Japanese. It would have made my stay much better. Anyway, I would not mind coming back to this hotel if I happen to be there again. By the way, hotel guests are encouraged to become members of the chain. There are benefits to be enjoyed. One of my photos enclosed with this review shows the membership benefits.

The hotel is located in a business area, a 5-minute walk from the Shinosaka station. My fellow traveler, chanchihming, gave a very good description on how to get to the hotel from the station, in his write-up here for tripadvisor. There is therefore no need for me to talk about it. I must however mention here that there is another Toyoko Inn very close by, 2 doors away. Its name ends with "Shinkan" which means new building (I think). Where I stayed in is "Honkan" which means existing or old building. So do take note which hotel you are going to.

There are many shops in the vicinity. We particularly like the small little restaurants nearby. We had many wonderful lunches and dinners there. There were shops selling food in bento forms to be taken away and they were quite cheap, at Y350 each.

Overall, this hotel is really superb for us. Except for the small area for the room, everything else is just wonderful. It can be simply described in 5Cs - Compact, Cosy, Clean, Cheap & Convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank hongchep
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We've been staying in toyoko inns around the country for many times. On the up side, it's cheap, clean and well located. Even Japanese breakfast is included in the room rate. You have Wifi in your room and you can save 300 yen per day if you don't need your room cleaned and made up every day. You can join the membership and have a night for free after accumulating 10 nights' stay. Our room has a rather pleasing view over the train track (yes, we can hear it at night, but not very loud) and most Toyoko inns we stayed in don't have any view (usu up against the wall of another building and you can shake hands with those on the other side.)

On the down side, rooms are very small. You can't open two suitcases simultaneously. There isn't enough room to hang your winter clothes. The toilet is extremely congested.

Anyway, it's great for budget/business travelers who don't spend much time in the room other than sleeping. It's not a place to chill out / unwind.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaylowe
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here in transit between flights, trains and a series of meetings. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was the usual for this chain, but was particularly well-cleaned and maintained. It was an excellent choice for a business hotel before catching the bullet train, and it will be on the top of my list for the next time I am in the area and have similar requirements.

Room Tip: Make sure to order a non-smoking room, as this chain still allows smoking in some rooms, and that's always unpleasant.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ShaneCoughlan
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This was our first experience with Toyoko Inn hotels in Japan. We spend 3 nights from 4-6 December 2011.

If you are coming from Shin-Osaka station, head down to B2 (2 floors down from the Shingansen exit level). There are a lot of small restaurants on this level. Walk toward the exit where the airport bus stops are. From there, look out for the big "Toyoko Inn" signboard; it should be toward the left side. Cross the zebra crossings and follow the footpath. It will lead you to an open carpark and the railway tracks will be on your left, you will notice a row of bicycle parkings by the fence. Continue on this footpath until you come to a road (after going through a underpass); make a left and continue along the road. After a junction you will see the hotel. Opposite there is a Chinese restaurant "陈麻饭". It's a short walk (~10min for us).

We were travelling with 2 young girls (6 & 8 years) and took a twin room. We stayed in room 603 and the layout was like 2 single room seperated with the bathroom in the middle. So we actually had 2 sets of writing tables, 2 LCD tv, 2 of everything... The room was compact but all the necessary equipment were available. Electric kettle for hot water (for your instant 3-in-1 coffee), a small fridge, LAN cable provided, hair dryer, etc. Put your big luggage under the bed. Each bed is big enough for 1 adult + 1 kid (in our case) to sleep in comfort.

Breakfast at the small area at the lobby from 7am to 9.30am. Simple Japanese rice cake, miso soup, salad or noodle, sausages, bread and butter, juices, milk and coffee. Just grab a try and take whatever you wish - no taking of room numbers or guest numbers. There is water dispenser for cold and hot water in teh lobby + vending machine. Prices are the same as on the streets.

There is a convenient store at the end of the street (opposite side) and further down there is a "100yen" shop. If you need anything, should be able to get from these stores. There is nothing much around the hotel because it look like it's in a office area. Anyway, areas around shin-Osaka station is not meant for major shopping or sight seeing. We took the JR train to main Osaka station when needed. We also took the Shinkansen to Kyoto from here. There is a Tourist information office in the Shin-Osaka station. Grab some maps and information there.

The service level was good; counter staff can only manage simple English but there is no issue understanding each other as we do not have a lot of exceptional request. There is a laptop and free printing in the lobby for your usdage too.

One point to note is that they expect all guests to be away from 10am to 4pm probably for their housekeeping. If you need to stay in the room during this period, you should inform the frontdesk.

Overall, we are very satisfied with the stay here :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family