“Such a great dinner!”

Utogaria
Ranked #1 of 613 Restaurants in Nishi
Price range: USD 22 - USD 35
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The owners are fantastic, speaking English (we bonded over Canada talk) and their food was top notch. We had the fried chicken, sashimi and deep fried tuna in mustard sauce. All of it was amazing. Looking forward to another visit very soon!

2  Thank Darren A

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This Japanese pub was absolutely wonderful. We had a fantastic dinner (great value for price) with a super conversation with the locals (we have been the only foreigners) and fab sake. Next time we will definitely come back. By the way the name Utogaria is "thank you" in Japanese spelled in wrong order as the locals explained to us ;-)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great service, staff, food and ambiance. Had a great time the first night, so went back the next day. One of our favour meals in our two week trip to Japan - fresh, authentic, and every dish tasty. All the sake was excellent too. Happy customers

Reviewed 31 March 2018

First time sake drinker? Perfect. Head over to Utogaria, like I did, and get ready to experience the extensive (and rare) range of sakes Hiro has to offer. I tried a sweet sake and a botanical one which reminded me of gin. Both were great and I ended up leaving with a bottle!
Drinks aside, the dishes I tried tasted as good as they looked. I highly recommend trying the specials, on the day I had miso spare ribs and carpaccio. From the daily menu I had the chicken karaage, beef salad and pork slices with raw egg on top.
Overall, the food, drinks and host were great.
Sidenote, this venue is English friendly.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Love the place. Casual atmosphere and a great choice of foods! The staff is very friendly, fun and does speak English.