“Beyond fun with beautiful people!”

Moonshine Karaoke Bar
Ranked #69 of 8,858 Restaurants in Chuo
Price range: USD 6 - USD 14
Cuisines: American
Description: Moonshine is an international karaoke bar found in the heart of Osaka. On any given night you can find a mix of expats, travellers, world roamers, and Japanese singing their hearts out to all different styles of music. We have a wide selection of alcohols and beers including many that are made only in Osaka! We have Japanese and English speaking staff. You can sing karaoke in English/Japanese/Korean and a few other languages for select songs. We are open 7 days a week and are ready for a party any night of the week. You can make a reservation or just show up ready to drink and have fun! Because we support local businesses we also suggest that after paying us a visit you can find the following bars: Mustang, Moontower, and Space Station all within one block.
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Nicolas was the greatest bartender my partner and I have ever had the pleasure to meet A fantastic place to have some drinks and a great belt out of a song. Perfect for English speakers to get out and feel free to communicate with other English speakers and Japanese people looking to talk in English to foreigners. Loved It!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience! Niko is always fun to hang and sing with right!?

Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

It's very small but if you wander in here you'll find a great place filled with great people. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2017
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

I enjoyed hanging out with the both of you! Thanks for stopping by!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My wife and I stumbled across this place while trying to find a good bar in Osaka and we hit the jackpot. It is a small venue but so much fun. The owner was very cool and we had fun just drinking and exchanging stories until Karaoke started to pick up. The drinks were good and the prices were fair. I highly recommend this bar because it has such a fun and friendly atmosphere that anyone could have fun at! Also pro tip, if you get hungry order a pizza from across the street and they will bring it to you!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank TheOneTrueGoat
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Yeah! Most of the time people take a little to warm up or drink some (or alot!) before the karaoke starts! Thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy and great response!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Just found the place whilst searching for nearby bars on Google maps. Was not disappointed. The moonshine, and other recommendations by the bartender (Nico) were all amazing and the atmosphere and crowd on the night was perfect. Had such a good vibe, along with some awesome karaoke and met some really cool people! Thank you!

Date of visit: February 2017
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Nico is always in a great mood and a cool guy. Cool guy making cool cocktails. He also likes to sing. We are glad you enjoyed his company and had fun at Moonshine!

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Good drinks, karaoke was fun, but the guy behind the bar was quite rude to me for no reason. Was just trying to have a bit of chit chat and he was arrogant and condescending towards me in front of my friends. So based on that I wouldn't recommend this place. It was a bit humiliating and has kept me down these past few days.

Date of visit: January 2017
7  Thank Kevin G
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Hello, and if I remember you correctly you walked in with your group being very loud and yelling. You didn't order anything, and picked up a microphone and started yelling into the microphone. Let me remind this is while one of my Japanese customer's was in the middle of singing their song. I told you that if you wanted to irritate me or the entire bar, that what you were doing would do exactly that. If you had taken a chance to look around you will have realize that you immediately rubbed my Japanese customers the wrong way as well. They were irritated that you ruined their song. At this point you and your friends left. I would argue that maybe you should pay attention to etiquette or just have some respect for those around you. Yes, we have fun here. Yes we are loud here. No you cannot come in and ruin another person's time so you can have more fun. Considering this is your only review on trip adviser I must've really rubbed you wrong. However, I am not sorry in the slightest and I will ALWAYS reserve the right to make sure the atmosphere in Moonshine is conducive to being fun and exciting while at the same time not putting down the other patrons here.