“Best night in Osaka”

Moonshine Karaoke Bar
Ranked #69 of 8,858 Restaurants in Chuo
Price range: USD 6 - USD 14
Cuisines: American
Description: Moonshine is an international karaoke bar found in the heart of Osaka. On any given night you can find a mix of expats, travellers, world roamers, and Japanese singing their hearts out to all different styles of music. We have a wide selection of alcohols and beers including many that are made only in Osaka! We have Japanese and English speaking staff. You can sing karaoke in English/Japanese/Korean and a few other languages for select songs. We are open 7 days a week and are ready for a party any night of the week. You can make a reservation or just show up ready to drink and have fun! Because we support local businesses we also suggest that after paying us a visit you can find the following bars: Mustang, Moontower, and Space Station all within one block.
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Just found the place whilst searching for nearby bars on Google maps. Was not disappointed. The moonshine, and other recommendations by the bartender (Nico) were all amazing and the atmosphere and crowd on the night was perfect. Had such a good vibe, along with some awesome karaoke and met some really cool people! Thank you!

Date of visit: February 2017
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Nico is always in a great mood and a cool guy. Cool guy making cool cocktails. He also likes to sing. We are glad you enjoyed his company and had fun at Moonshine!

Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Good drinks, karaoke was fun, but the guy behind the bar was quite rude to me for no reason. Was just trying to have a bit of chit chat and he was arrogant and condescending towards me in front of my friends. So based on that I wouldn't recommend this place. It was a bit humiliating and has kept me down these past few days.

Date of visit: January 2017
7  Thank Kevin G
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Hello, and if I remember you correctly you walked in with your group being very loud and yelling. You didn't order anything, and picked up a microphone and started yelling into the microphone. Let me remind this is while one of my Japanese customer's was in the middle of singing their song. I told you that if you wanted to irritate me or the entire bar, that what you were doing would do exactly that. If you had taken a chance to look around you will have realize that you immediately rubbed my Japanese customers the wrong way as well. They were irritated that you ruined their song. At this point you and your friends left. I would argue that maybe you should pay attention to etiquette or just have some respect for those around you. Yes, we have fun here. Yes we are loud here. No you cannot come in and ruin another person's time so you can have more fun. Considering this is your only review on trip adviser I must've really rubbed you wrong. However, I am not sorry in the slightest and I will ALWAYS reserve the right to make sure the atmosphere in Moonshine is conducive to being fun and exciting while at the same time not putting down the other patrons here.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Cozy and friendly bar!
they have Karaoke machine so if ur not shy u can show ur talents or even sing together with the other guest.
i had really good time here.

Date of visit: November 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Sometimes it is crazy, sometimes it is chill then crazy. I never know which it will be everyday, but generally we always have fun! Glad to know you had fun to and thanks for taking the time to write the review!

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Great place to wind down after a long day of sight seeing and eating in Osaka. Found this bar on Trip Advisor and decided to head there after dinner.

Drinks were nice and cheaper than expected. The bartender was very accommodating and knowledgeable.

Date of visit: December 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Glad you had fun, and husky you drank too your heart's delight and sang ask the fun songs!

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Went with my wife on a Tuesday to find a nice place to unwind. Place did not disappoint. Friendly crowd with good taste in music. Does not matter if you cannot sing. Would definitely come back next time I am in Osaka.

Date of visit: November 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Yeah! Singing ability doesn't matter, just only the willingness to have fun (which we like to do). You also welcome back anytime you are ready for anything adventure! Thanks for taking the time to write about us!