Lock in great prices from these sites
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This hotel had everything I needed to make my trip to Osaka comfortable. It is 5 minutes from Namba subway station and close to lots of restaurants and popular shopping streets (Den Den Town, Doguyasuji, Dotonbori, and lots of department stores). The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. The hotel had all the necessities without the frills of a big chain hotel. Breakfast was nothing special, but the food offered was fresh and its included in the cost of the room which was a big plus. Great for solo travel and those traveling on a budget. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2012
3  Thank sun_doreen
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I booked this hotel through Agoda for about US$65/night (all inclusive) because it is within the center of night life at a decent price. I didn’t want to spend triple digits just for a place to sleep since I knew that I would be out all day and only come back around 10:00pm to sleep.

The location of this hotel is not that easy to find unless you have a printout zoom-in map highlighting each turn and intersection or some kind of walking GPS. It’s actually located in a small road only 5 to 8 minutes walk from the closest Namba station exit (near the Toho cinema). It has excellent AC and free wireless internet access (if you have your own laptop). The free breakfast (with no milk) is pretty much like the other poster has said. The hotel is good if you’re a solo traveler with only carried on luggage and someone who is not too tall (> 6’) with average build because the bath room is quite small. Considering the price and location, this hotel is a pretty good bargain.

Date of stay: August 2010
3  Thank OneGuy
Reviewed 31 October 2008

We booked this hotel through a Japanese tourist office .
There was nothing particullarly bad about the hotel but nothing good either.
The room was quite old and gloomy. Reminded me of the types of rooms you would get in a pub. We booked a twin room and both beds were single where as our other hotels, the beds had been double size.
The window looked out to a wall. I went down to ask if there was a twin room that looked out to the street but no they only had triples.
The staff were always friendly but spoke near no english so i didn't bother to ask for any directions etc.
As we were travelling with our 6 year old they charged us 2000yen extra for her but no extra bed was provided. The extra 2000yen was to pay for the " American breakfast".
This american breakfast consisted of boiled eggs, small bread buns, butter, jam,coffee,tea,juice and some mashed potato thing. The coffee cups were plastic cups. We didnt bother with the breakfast the second morning.
I must say it is a great location if you want to stay near dotomburi but we found the streets just a little to busy and crowded for us with a child. There are other better hotels nearby in my opinion. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at in all of Japan and the worst.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tropixxs
Reviewed 9 August 2008

My wife and I stayed a week at this hotel 8 months ago and we just booked our next stay there. It's your average business hotel, size and amenities wise. We got the semi double special from their website, which was good for me and my wife. But we are fairly small people (5'3" and 5'4") The staff is very friendly and they can hold your luggage for you. What makes this place really great is the location and price(less than $70). Its at one end of Dotombori, a huge area of shops, restaurants and pachinko parlors. It was great to go have a nice dinner, have lots of drinks, and be able to walk back to our hotel. Its also very close to Osaka's version of the tech district as well. There are also 2 large malls and a very nice TOHO cinema. The Toho cinema also has very nice bathrooms that you can get to easily. This fact became important when we got to Osaka in the morning and couldn't get to our room yet. Oh and did I mention that our room was under $70! I'd definately go again...oh wait i am =)

Date of stay: December 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank PlatinumPoetry
Reviewed 27 December 2006

The Nissei is a great discovery in busy Namba. A bit hard to find at first, it is only really a few minutes' easy walk from Namba Station, thus easily accessed from the Kansei Airport train. On my third visit there this year, I had a double room - a very good size for Japan - with an excellent bathroom, good breakfast (all the boiled eggs you can eat) and free internet. There is a laundry out the back at a very low cost. The staff are very obliging and all for this for a bargain rate. In Osaka I would stay nowhere else.

Date of stay: November 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JayeffSydney