“Superb dining experience”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We were a group of 11 and had the whole dining room to ourselves. It was a set degustation menu of 14 small courses, with a nice balance of vegetables, various fish and seafood, lamb and desserts. There was variety of texture, flavour and style - a blend of Japanese and western influence. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was impeccable, with the chef coming to the table to present one of the courses. It was a wonderful experience and excellent value for a 3 star Michelin restaurant.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Today we had a lunch set menu and what an excellent dinning experience ! We enjoyed the food from the appitizer to the dessert. We discovered a lot of new tasts and new ingrediants as the Japanese pepper.
Also, the service was excellent and the waiter explained to us each and evry dish in a very understandable english and they answered to all our questions.
The only regret is that we forgot to take the menu as a souvenir ;) but will definitly return this wonderful restaurant during our next trip to Osaka.
One advise: book in advance as the restaurant has only few tables. We booked 2 months in adavnce to get a place.
In all, this was an excellent 3 star experience.

1  Thank MilredS
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Dined in this restaurant for set menu recently on my trip to Osaka. Food is good, it is more with local and seasonal ingredients. Service needs big improvement if it wants to live up to the expectation of 3 Michelin stars. one of the courses server failed to know what is the matching utensils and did not provide anything, when I asked how do I supposed to eat the pasta dish, she said just use your fingers. even though the manager bowed 90 degree later to apologize for the mistake, this should not happen in a regular non-Michelin star restaurant, did Fujiya hire some cheap labor apprentice to save the cost? totally unacceptable. very inexperienced waitress and don't know what she is doing at all.

1  Thank TorontoTraveller188
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

To say I was blown away by this restaurant would be an understatement, quite honestly this was one of the top meals I have had in my life. I’m not sure where to start....

We received and extremely a warm and friendly greeting in a minimalist waiting room with one of the coolest water features you’ll ever see. Walking passed the kitchen (all open so you can see what’s going on and greet the guys working there) we were shown to our table in a very unfussy yet comfortable restaurant.

We were already very content and then the food started to arrive (we went with the pairing wines which were delicious and varied and about a 1/3 of the price you would pay in London).

I won’t spoil all the courses but will name
My favourites. The raw slices of red snapper with a delightful salad and a sauce which I can’t even describe, yet they complimented each other perfectly. Then came the true eye opener of the “starter” dishes namely the sea urchin, I hadn’t tasted it before and now I have I think I only ever want it prepared this way, lightly crumbed then rolled in deep fried seaweed and served with Japanese mustard. This my friends was a revelation! The firefly squid with linguine was melt in your mouth perfection. The sea bass with a carrot sauce (this description does it a disservice) was divine as was the lamb with mishimaudo. The show stopper amongst the desserts has to be the kumquat course, pastry topped with kumquat cream, topped with fresh kumquats topped with candied fruits to bite through the bitterness. If I had to eat only one desser for the rest of my life this would be it!!

The staff were all so helpful and friendly I couldn’t fault them in any way.

If you love food, do yourself a favour; eat cheaply and well for most of your holiday then savour the true skill and attention to detail that is your dining experience here.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Fujiya1935 runs by 4th generation owner/chef Tetsuya Fujiwara took me through one of the most enjoyable food journey I have ever had. From the appetizers to the end of the desserts; every dish served to me is of high food quality, stable and the presentation delightful. I especially like the soft, fluffy, cake like sponge bread with truffle cream. It is so delicious!!! The main course of venison is cooked to perfection; very tender and juicy. So yummy! Nothing is spared on the ingredients, and the flavors are brought up skillfully highlighted. It was a stunning dinner, and I had a great time. Chef Fujiwara is indeed talented both in the kitchen and out. Very well managed restaurant. Met Chef Fujiwara at the end of the meal, and he is so friendly that I am surely looking forward to my next visit. Dinner course ¥15,000