Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
anthroAustralia
Australia

Wonderful quirky hotel with lovely staff

Review of THE BOLY OSAKA
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Dec 2023via mobile
I really enjoyed this hotel. Good location. Nice rooms. Lovely quirky design touches. Lovely staff ( they were so nice and helpful it really made the experience). I would stay here again anytime. Bear in mind that it is quirky. It’s not a business hotel and it is not a family hotel (although my teenage son loved it). It is not the Hilton and about the Sir /Madam experience. It is its own place. Which I like.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Doesn’t have its own parking. Several nearby stations. Vegetarian cafe downstairs, also nice...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$85
    AU$75
3.1 km from THE BOLY OSAKA
View more hotels in Chuo
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2023

Thank you for the staff. They are caring and sensitive about we went to Japan for the first with 2 young children . I lost my bangle and they searched high and low for it . In the end I found it . They also recommended good breakfast places to go . We stayed comfortably here and also they gave complimentary champagne and orange juice for me and my kids . I will Côme back again to stay here. Thank you for taking care of us.
Kim and family from Singapore

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2023 via mobile

We splurged and got the biggest room and it was a great decision. The hotel is a converted old building but it is nice and modern inside. Our room was HUGE and it had a massive balcony. We thoroughly enjoyed that. It also had a mini kitchen . The staff were very nice and there is a rooftop bar, although we didn't really need to use it much since we already had a view from our balcony. The WiFi did not work on the balcony but was fine in the rest of the room. It is above a subway line but they give you earplugs which worked a treat for me. Big bonus is the washer and dryer that you can use for free! Really great hotel.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2023

Absolutely poor wifi made this a frustrating stay. It worked only sporadically. The staff said they knew about it and said it was because a lot of guests used it. I have stayed at many larger hotels with wifi systems that were up to the guest usage demands. They need an upgrade. Communication with staff was difficult. The coffee in the room could not be used with the coffee maker they supplied.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2023 via mobile

We were positively impressed by the spacious and light room, with a lovely little balcony on the river. The staff was kind and the location perfect. We really liked the design of the room and the amenities offered. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2022

I booked the BOLY going to Osaka for a business trip by chance as the hotel that our partners recommended was fully booked. I turned out to be lucky since the hotel is small ( only 4 rooms per floor on 4 floors ) which is always nice and the rooms are large and well appointed with a modern touch. I would recommend booking a river view. I had a street view and it could be noisy at times (I do not mind the noise but I know many might ). The hotel is by the river and the view at breakfast made me want to take a walk by the riverside. All in all, next time I travel to Osaka, I will stay again at the Boly.

Room tip: Riverside room are better. If not, ask for a higher floor.
Date of stay: November 2022