Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Hk777Traveller
Hong Kong, China

Great little modern “hip” hotel.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 June 2023via mobile
A great little hotel not too far from the main shopping area.

Moxy is part of the Marriott family and they are aiming for younger “hip” type crowds. The hotel is very new and done to a New York kind of style with tiles and grey colour schemes. Staff wearing casual looking clothes etc. the rooms aren’t huge but that’s not unusual for Japan. Rooms are very clean and modern. The bed was super comfortable and essentially the air conditioning was excellent and Wi-Fi was good.

The location is about 15 mins walk from the main busy shopping street in Osaka and there is a subway train nearby for those who don’t want to walk. The area itself around the hotel is more quiet but there are a few restaurants and of course several convenience stores.
Date of stay: June 2023
    AU$82
    AU$109
2.4 km from Moxy Osaka Honmachi
View more hotels in Chuo
All reviews hip hotel blackout curtains minute walk platinum member subway station hommachi lobby osaka japan slippers properties tiles dotonbori convenience pajamas
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2023

This is a great hotel approximately a five minute walk from Sakaisuji Hommachi subway station. The room we had was large with a king size bed, blackout curtains and sound proofing so that we didn't hear any of the traffic or noise from outside. Good location for accessing Dotonburi and other tourist spots.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2023

I've stayed in several Japanese chains for business, but I knew I wanted a little more space, so I opted for Moxy b/c I knew what I would be getting. The spaces are small by American standards, but large by most other standards. The hotel was easy to get to with my large luggage from the train station, no more than a 7 minute walk.

Check-in was easy, and I was gladly upgraded to a queen sleeper, which was more than enough room. It had a desk chair, enough flat surfaces, and a collapsible table. The shower was large, and the amenities were as you needed them in the lobby, which I appreciated. As with all Japanese properties, nice pajamas and slippers were provided.

Breakfast is not included, but I opted for it as a Bonvoy Platinum member, and I was happy with the selection. It has a mix of western and Japanese foods, and there was good variety each day.. The lobby isn't too disruptive, and it's large and bright enough to stay out of the way of others lounging.

My room had enough light, and the location was great. It is right next to an izakaya that was very welcoming and offered an English menu, and the prices were great. I returned to the izakaya several times during my trip, and there are a lot of options nearby.

There are two train lines that serve the hotel, one is 5 minutes away, the other is about 10 minutes, but all are easy walks.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2023 via mobile

Probably one of the best and most modern hotels in osaka, the rooms are rather spacious which is rare for japan in general. the showers in the room must have been one of my favorite things there since it had just the perfect water pressure, which also is rather rare. the location was also just perfect! The staff is really nice.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

I say business hotel because the location is right in an commercial business area. My office is located within 3 minutes walk so it is very convenient. There is a Japan Coffeeshop chain just across the road. And a few Japanese style ‘drugstore’ where you can buy all kinds of cosmetics and healthcare products are dotted around the hotel. Even many local eateries with nice local food and experience.
The hotel is designed in a trendy fashion. Very fuss free and suitable for the DIY style traveller. The bathroom is well laid out. Not too small and with all the usual bathroom amenities.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank furgybear
Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

The Moxy Osaka is very comfortable and convenient. 24 hour gym and bar, a decent breakfast and feels like a slightly more hip business hotel. But don’t expect warm and inviting customer service. The staff here may as well not exist as they are not at all interested in engaging with you and do only the utmost basic- which an automated robot could do.

Date of stay: January 2020