All reviews smoking room one night train station lobby bathroom kobe
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel reviews

Reviews

3.8

Good

414 reviews on Google

Couples

Highest rating

Lowest rating

Khaine Smith

1/5

They call this a 4 star hotel, it's not.

First off, it is far away from Kobe and shouldn't even be listed as in Kobe. It's a long train ride into Kobe and an expensive taxi ride back if you miss the last train. Next up, they list that there is a pool and gym etc. There are but you'll pay to use it all. There is nothing about that in booking and they gave some bs story about some packages have it. I didn't see one. And when I questioned them about it and to show me my reservation, they tried to hide it since it said nothing of the sort. The room itself could use some updating as well. Even stains on the carpet. For the same price of staying at the Kobe Seishin Oriental hotel, plus paying for amenities which is a lie on the booking sites, you could stay at a better place that is more in Kobe. It was my wifes birthday and I was visibly upset but did the staff offer up anything in anyway to fix the situation. They just said thank you. Thanks for being a sucked is more like it. Never stay here. Much better places can be found and I've stayed in many.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We stayed at the kobe seichen hotel for one night in December. First impressions of the lobby was very nice and modern. The receptionist was polite and efficient  in getting us checked in.

We were only able book a smoking room and the smell of stale smoke inside the room was almost intolerable. That aside the room itself was large and clean although could do with a bit of modernisation. Some of cupboard doors were hanging loose and didnt align properly when closed. The bathroom was very nice and modern with all the toiletries you could need provided

We didn't eat at the restaurant so can not comment on the quality of the product or service

Overall this is a good hotel to stay in and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area, but if youre a non smoker then make sure you get a non-smoking room.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We were part of a big tour group and our family had 11 (well my wife's side so u can tell this will be a somewhat bearable trip for me).
Rooms: had plenty of space, had a refrigerator but the furniture was out dated as stated in the reviews. Everyone now needs plugs to charge devices, there are near the desk but none near the night stand.
Bathroom had a separate addl sink which was great. I really liked the toilet which had a seat warmer and bidet.
Hotel surroundings: great since next to a train station and conveniently next to a 7/11. There is NO night life here, all closes after 10pm, last few at midnight for eating, but I would assume u are coming here Not for night life.
Hotel is okay, I would really give this place 3 stars. Free breakfast buffet is okay nothing fancy.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Nice ambience
Beautiful view in the lobby and the restaurant
Clean rooms no smell of smoke
Well equipped with adapters
Small but well equipped gym
Helpful courteous staff
Good variety at breakfast
Close to businesses

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2017

If you want to stay in Kobe, I really recommend 'Kobe Oriental Seishin Hotel' .
The located is perfect for your business or trip. Around the Oriental Seishin Hotel is SoGo department store, daiei supermarket..etc. also Seishin Chou station is convient for you. Do you want to stay convent hotel? I think oriental Seishin Hotel is a good for you absolutely.

Date of stay: February 2017