See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Room is quite ok to Japan standards and for the amount we paid (sgd 90) for 2 peoole.
Bathroom is more spacious than a another hotel we stayed in Yokohama where it was booked for 4 people.

Had a better view from the room.

It is closed to the blue line sakuragicho subway station (8 mins to hotel). If you have JR pass take JR sakuragicho station. But have lot of walking to do.

It is away from the main attractions.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night, staff were friendly, room was clean, get off from train (metro local) henadecto, exit and walk straight up the hill, hotel is like 5 mins from the station, very convenient for travel, breakfast was sufficient, try and buy with the room, they held our luggage after check out so was very nice, overall for a place for quick shower and rest, all good, and as Japan, rooms are always small, but didn't bother us

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Last May while travelling from California to Japan in order for my dog to have open heart surgery, I attempted to stay at this hotel due to their dog-friendly claims. I've never had a worse experience. I am an American woman and was travelling by myself with my sick dog. The Mandarin Hotel couldn't have been more disrespectful and unaccommodating. Their definition of being dog-friendly is a joke, and the accommodations for a person with a dog at this hotel are less than humane. I definitely DO NOT recommend staying here if you are travelling with a dog. They don't want you to anyway.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

I came to Japan to attend a meeting in the Pacifico Yokohama Convention Center. Every main hotel was full and I día not have options. I found this hotel and It was a nice experience, people in the front desk were kind to me (I don't speak Japanese). The rooms are quite small but they serve their propose.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2016

The hotel is about a 10-minute from a train station and is a short walk to a bunch of restaurants, izakayas, and stores. It's also a very short walk to the Nogeyama Zoo. The staff were very helpful and courteous. The room was small (but larger than many of the other Japanese hotels I've stayed in) and also clean. I had 24/7 internet access, which was very convenient. The breakfast buffet was generous but did not change during the 5 days I stayed. I would happily stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business