All reviewsbreakfast buffetsubway stationnon smokingnrt airportstayed for nightstaxi ridebathroom amenitiesjapanese standardschinese restaurantcruise terminalgreat shoppinggrand hotelnice stayyamashita parkmini barminato mirai linetwin room
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This hotel is situated right in the heart of Chinatown. We checked in a spacious and non smoking room on the 8th floor. The room was filled with stale cigarette smoke and we tried to air it out to no avail. We complained to the hotel staff the next day, they moved us to a deluxe room on the 9th floor. Thank you Roseta for your immediate response to our concerns.
There are two restaurants in the hotel, a Chinese restaurant and a Western restaurant. The breakfast buffet menu in the Western restaurant offered a great selections of both Western and Asian breakfast items.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Everyone at the Rose Hotel bent over backwards to assist us. From the bellmen who took our luggage and refused a gratuity to the waitress who got us butter from the kitchen to take to our room , staff were wonderful . The room was spotless and large by Japanese standards.
The best thing about the Rose Hotel is it's location . A short walk to "Eggs and More " for breakfast to crossing the street and being in the heart of Chinatown. If you're cruising out of Yokohama , the port is a $6 taxi ride away. No better place to stay !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Passenger110748
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the rose hotel many times, it is close to both Chinatown and the sea front in Yokohama. About 15 mins taxi to the cruise terminal. The rooms are large for Japan standards. Very clean and the staff very helpful. From here you can walk 5mins to the underground train to the centre of Tokyo. It takes about 45mins. There is a tourist bus which stops outside the hotel for a trip around Yokohama. Over the road is a family Mart supermarket selling beer, wine, and snacks. Cheaper
than the mini bar. The bedroom had tea and coffee, a good selection of bathroom amenities, air con and TV. The English was OK but ask for Roseta who is the English support staff, she makes you feel most welcome. Free WiFi in all the rooms. Ask for a front facing room it is a better view. There was no noise. I would stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mr_happyManchester
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This hotel is fair dated though I have friends who would think that was great, I'm a business traveler so it's not an advantage for me. On the upside, the wifi is very solid. That being said, the room is very dark even with every light on. I had to use my phone as a flashlight, crawl under a desk and unplug the coffee/tea machine to plug in my computer. But the room is large especially by Japanese standards and comfortable, though dated. I did have a huge desk to set up my work though.

I walked from a conference at the Osanbani Pier (cruise ship terminal) but it's quite a hike with even a good roller bag. The hotel is right in China town so tons of restaurants but I travel to China a lot, hence I was walking out of the area to find Japanese food!

And, as I find in Asia with non smoking rooms, this mostly means no one is smoking in here NOW. Someone has definitely smoked in here recently.

So, a mixed bag on the review. The business travel side, only pretty good. The smoke smell for me is a definite demerit.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank michael n
Rosehotelyokohama, 営業ディレクター at Rose Hotel Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Sir
We appreciate so much for your kind review and recommendation of our hotel.
Indeed Our ideal location makes us convenient to stay for any traveler especially we are surrounded by exotic sightseeing spots and shopping area, restaurants.
Again, we thank you and look forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

we stayed for 3 nights in a twin room and the room was spacious compare to other japan hotels. we were arranged on a high floor with the view of China town. there were many restaurants next to the hotel and the hotel is right at the entrance of China town, very easy to locate. close to metro and bus stop, around 5 mins walk to yamashita garden.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda K

Dear Amanda
We appreciate so much for your kind review and recommendation of our hotel.
It is really our pleasure that our warm guest rooms and location fit your needs and your expectations.
We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.