All reviews main building natural light recommend this hotel annex toiletries english location station
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Once you exit Sapporo station, cross the street and walk 10 steps. That's how close it is. Service is great, typical of Japanese hotels, and I got a room in the Annex. While it faced the wall of a neighbouring building, the window opened widely to allow in some fresh air, and when it was closed, I could not hear the trains moving about next door. There was a sign saying the Wifi in the Annex didn't work but I had no problems connecting and there was also a LAN line in the room. Breakfast room was a bit small but never really full and they changed many of the selections daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed there for 1 night, the location is close to Sapporo station and superb to go back to the airport.Department store is also in Sapporo station.It is center for everything.The room is small , clean and comfortable king-size bed with good quality sleeping.Breakfast is amazing as well.Room price is reasonable. Hotel staff is good service and can good at English.They can give you information for travel and tell the way to go well. I recommend to stay there again if I will visit Sapporo Next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013

superb location with onsen, breakfast and free wifi. Only downside is they can only keep the luggages till 5pm. I am not sure why so as even some of the more humble B&B that I have stayed in allowed the luggages to be kept for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Cherryblossomlover
Reviewed 17 July 2013

After staying at 5 different Route Inns during our 10 day trip, the Sapporo Route Inn was the least of my favorite hotel. We stayed for 4 nights. The breakfast entrees were extremely mediocre in comparison to the other Route Inns we stayed at. The dining room was very small and overflowed to capacity during breakfast hours. We waited for an hour and a half in our room for 3 mornings due to the overflow of people trying to get in. The breakfast entrees were extremely disappointing as it lacked the usual entrees like mentaiko, fried scallop and other tasty entrees which we had at Route Inns in Kushiro, Abashiri, Asahikawa and Hakodate.

The standards at this property fell far short of our expectations as compared to the other 4 locations. The dining room and public onsen facilities definitely need to be enlarged for a hotel that large hotel with an Annex.

There were only 5 wash stalls and 2 wash basins with hairdryers. People stood in line at all hours of the day and night to use the onsen. I ended having to shower in my room one evening because it was impossible to get into the onsen past midnight. I will look for another hotel during the Sapporo Snow Festival in February.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ruby S
Reviewed 8 July 2013

One of the biggest advantage of this hotel is its location. The JR Sapporo train station is right across the street! And this station has many shops, so if you get bored, and don't want travel far during your free time, just stroll around this awesome JR Station!

The room that I got was small, but that's okay because its very well maintained, clean and quiet. The room I got came with a buffet-style breakfast (which I think comes with all room types)- this buffet includes a wide array good quality Japanese food. The staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi is included for free free, a wifi equipment is issued checking in.

The lobby of the hotel is spacious, and offers unlimited premium coffee, wifi is also available here.

With all the points above, I expected a night at this hotel to cost more than 100 USD, but surprisingly I only spent 60 USD a night at this hotel (early March 2013) - imagine that!

I look forward to staying here again on my next visit to Sapporo.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo