2,509 results
All reviews train station south wing aeon mall premier floor busy hotel large hotel good size excellent location main building convenient location kansai airport hotel restaurants japanese hotels department store triple room vending machine easy access
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at New Miyako after reading a review on TripAdvisor. I loved the service at this hotel but most of all I loved the location. It was right across the street from Kyoto Station which made it very convenient especially after the long days of walking. The room itself was a good size. Not cramped. However that bed was super hard. Felt like I was sleeping on the floor.
As a side note the staff I encountered spoke English so this made things much easier for me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2018

The New Miyako is a large hotel that caters to tour buses. Many sunrise tours leave from this location Sunrise tours are average at best. The hotel is very busy with large groups always in the lobby. One tower is in need of renovation. My room smelled and the bathroom was terrible. I requested to be moved the next morning and the staff was very accommodating. My room in the other tower was newer. Renovated and comfortable. The staff was always very helpful. The concierge went above to find me a private tour guide at the last moment as I was so disappointed in the sunrise tours. Location is good across from the train station If you don’t mind large tourist hotels then this hotel could be ok for you. I did not prefer it, other than the experience with staff. Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Book a room in the renovated tower
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Over-crowded, over-priced, low quality food, no apparent level of service, especially if you arrive late - there was literally no-one there, and a non-smoking room that stank of smoke!

It’s only redeeming feature was its close proximity to the train station!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Large hotels in large Japanese cities near major railway stations all seem to share the same few issues that I find annoying. 1. Inadéquate seating for breakfast resulting in very long queues. In this hotel we arrived at 06:10 for 06:30 opening and we just secured a table! It dies down later but not much use if you have a scheduled early start. 2. Inadéquate number of elevators meaning long waits especially in the morning checkout period. 3. Paper thin walls allowing one to easily hear even quiet talking in neighbouring rooms. On a more positive note one cannot fault the service and rooms. They are larger than most hotels we have stayed in, clean and comfortable. The restaurants have a high standard of service and offerings albeit somewhat expensive.

Room Tip: Select a room well away from elevators and Main Street frontage.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The a/c does not work, so hot and it's only spring!!! Reception, restaurant, lobby... too many people, too many tour groups, too many mainlanders, AND NOT ENOUGH STAFF.
Room is 31m2, good size and newly renovated. NOT COMING BACK!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple