“Amazing real Italian food”
Review of Da Gino

Da Gino
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2015

What a find! We had the mixed antipasti for 2 and I thought they was never going to stop bringing dishes out! We must of had 20 different dishes, all were amazing. Gino was so attentive truly caring that you enjoyed the meal. Felt like a true family run restaurant. Oh I forgot to mention the gorgeous house red!

1  Thank Sam M

Reviewed 28 August 2015

Da Gino is famous for its vegetables.. and it is understandable! We had an antipasti for 2 (mainly vegetables and some cheeses), some grilled meat (lamb chops, sausage, porc), wine and one dessert of the day and a digestive for less than 50 euros... The restaurant was full but Gino was taking care of all the tables with the same "simpatico" attitude. I would have stopped at the antipasti if I had not been curious on the rest of the menu!

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Having dinner at Gino's is experiencing the real tastes of Puglia terriotry. From the entry to the last dish we appreciated the ingredient genuineness. WE had an abundant entry with lot of herbs and typical region products. THe orechhiette with porcellana were incredible. Everything is served with accuracy and attention to the hosts. Good job to Gino and his wife Vita! THank you for the hospitality!

Reviewed 1 June 2015

so this was sort of a weird experience. Our airbnb host called his dentist for a recommendation for restaurant and he suggested this and then up and made us a dinner reservation. Meanwhile I had a recommendation for what turned out to be an amazing-looking restaurant also in this town, so I wanted to dine there for dinner, so we ended up having lunch at Da Gino's instead so as to not be rude. (sadly I was unable to get a dinner reservation at the other place, which was just gorgeous and the food was supposed to be amazing).
So after driving around forever trying to find Da Gino's (GPS failing miserably) we finally find the place and it is essentially empty but for two men at one table and one at another.
The owner is enthusiastic to greet us. We thought there was out door dining and there wasn't, which was disappointing as it was a lovely day.
We sit down, and then the own just puts the full court press on us to order his antipasto. I mean he would not take no for an answer. It was downright strange. I "get" that it might be amazing antipasti but we didn't want that much food! We wanted to just get a primi and that was it.
He was actively irate with us that we would not order the antipasto. Then he had the waiter bring out two things that are on the antipasto platter I guess maybe to entice us? Or to prove that it was excellent?
My Italian is by no means fluent so clearly there were translational issues going on but honestly, we just did not want the antipasto platter!!!
After that it sort of cast a pall on the meal--he was annoyed, the waiter lost his zeal for serving us.
meanwhile I then just wanted a glass of white wine. They tell me they don't have glasses of white wine, only red. So I said, no, that's fine, I"ll just stick with water.
next thing you know they bring out this huge pitcher full of red wine.
It was a really strange meal--kind of became our running joke for the rest of the trip.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We found Ristorante da Gino by chance and well after lunch time as we were driving along the outskirts the beautiful town of Ceglie Messapica.
We walked in and asked if it was possible to eat something being so late and Gino the owner graciously welcomed us in. The place has a beautiful verandah with great views of the town through the rural landscape.

After his suggestion we ordered his antipasto selection. It was an amazing collection of dishes all made with his home grown vegetables with delicious local cheeses and ingredients. Mostly vegetarian home recipes with an extravagant additional ingredient which gave the dish its unique taste.

Unfortunately we did not have room for the wonderful main courses on the menu because the antipasto itself was a full meal, but Gino offered us a desert, a yummy apple cake served with his special version of the Primitivo Amabile which was absolutely out of this world.

I truly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely return soon.

1  Thank Elisabetta H