“Ever eaten hyacinth bulbs?”
Review of Cibus

Cibus
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Much is said and written about "typical" cuisine, but with the increasing homogenisation of the world, I rarely feel I've eaten something I'd not heard of before, prepared in a way that surprises and delights. Cibus is truly exceptional in that sense: they serve local specialities with pride and care, and all in a delightful ambience. It's not for the fainthearted, however: you can't go there expecting chicken and beef, like a previous reviewer. To really enjoy Pugliese cooking, you have to take risks, and eat what is fresh and local - and eat it the way they prepare it, not as you might yourself. That's at the heart of the surprise.
Written up as one of the highlights of Pugliese food, this place is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I tried this restaurant with a group of 17 people - as we were promised a wide selection of meat dishes. Whilst we were expecting chicken, beef, seafood, we were instead greated with menu choices such as horsemeat, rabbit meat, donkey meat and several lamb dishes. The first course pasta dishes were nice but nothing that a jar of dolmio could not recreate. The lamb dish I ordered looked like it had been deep fried and smelt like road kill. Three of our group sent the lamb dish back. The replacement pasta dish for one was uncooked - it gave "al dente" a new meaning. The pork dish I ordered for my replacement was raw in the middle - the chief offered to cook it further - I opted against it. The only thing nice about this restaurant was the toilet - the sink had a lovely foot pedal operated tap. At €37 for my "meal" I would have felt better donating this money to charity and having an espresso at my hotel.

4  Thank Arps83
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We have eaten here twice, there is rather a limited menu offering local traditional food which we considered a little over priced compared to other eating places in the area

Reviewed 22 April 2012

If you love cheese you must go here. Very different dishes served to the local ones. Very good wine list. Gets very busy, so book in advance

Reviewed 20 March 2012

By far, the best food I had in Puglia (I am italian, by the way). Local tradition meets the highest standards of couisine. The menu will make you dive in this land of gigantic olive trees, wind and history. It will also surprise you with innovative delicious ideas, always with a strong bound to the territory.
And for the wine, just let the friendly owner suggest you...