All reviews the air conditioning spa beds wine asti standard memories summer courtyard
Reviewed 29 July 2018

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quiet relaxing getaway with a pool and this hotel met our needs perfectly.
We loved the pool, the spa services were good and very reasonable--I had a facial and a aromatherapy massage and enjoyed both.
Our rooms were large and the beds very comfortable with luxury linens--the only thing missing in my room that I would have appreciated having was a full length mirror.
The restaurant wasn't as high a standard as you would hope to find in the area but we always enjoyed the experience because the staff and service was so excellent.
Our young waiter Gabriele was lovely and very knowledgable about wine--his recommendations were always spot on--he is quite passionate about the area he lives in and it shows in his communication.
Roman, our waiter and sommelier extraordinaire was an absolute delight to see every evening at dinner service outside in the courtyard. I asked if he knew where I could buy the breadsticks they serve and he called the owner to say we were coming over in the morning and the owner met us and was delightful.
Daniele at the front desk was absolutely the best manager an owner could hope for--we have a small boutique hotel in the Cinque Terre so I appreciate when I see staff go the extra mile and he certainly did this for us.
We would recomend this hotel to anyone and we look forward to a return visit.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely former farm house outside Quattordio. Very tasteful interior and a team that is dedicated to make your stay as nice an relaxing as possible. You can have business meetings or look for some time to be on your own. Premises are big enough to have both at the same time. A hidden gem!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

On arrival we were informed that my 3 year old could not use the pool, as it was for over 16's only. There was nothing on booking.com nor their website about this, despite having to put the child's age into the booking engine. The place was rather souless and cold although the 2 staff we met were friendly. On reflection and given we couldnt use the spa as you cant really leave a 3 year old by himself we decided to ask to cancel. Reception was friendly as were the booking.com. On leaving the owner came introduced himself and asked us why we were leaving. Shrugged his shoulders on hearing the explanation and siad it's normal not to allow a child to use a spa, I said it was listed as an indoor pool and it's fine to restrict hours but to my mind a blanket ban isnt an acceptable policy. He grumbled about how we were putting him at a loss. Nothing mentioned about our inconvenience, no attempt to be friendly and we wont be returning. This owners behaviour was a stark contrast to a similar establishment we recently visited La Meridiana Relais in Alassio - there the owner asked us if we wanted an earlier sitting for dinner (seated us where our 3 year old wouldnt disturb other guests) and was very accomodating and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nadim1
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We got married there back in 2011 and everything had been absolutely fantastic. We went back in 2012 and 2013 and kept good memories so we had high expectations when we returned this summer. The place is well kept. An effort could be made on cleanliness in the corridors but our room was very clean. The air conditioning was super loud though, too loud (hence my average rating for sleep quality) but as it was 30+ outside, there was no way we could have done without it. The hotel was quiet when we visited. We were alone for dinner on one night. Food was so so on our first dinner as meat was overcooked for both my husband and I but they were very generous in offering the wine bottle as a compensation. Much appreciated. Food was perfect on night 2, meat cooked to perfection. We could not make it on time for breakfast one morning and they very nicely accommodating us at the bar with a selection on pastries, fruits and yogurt. The staff is friendly and attentive so we left on a positive impression again this time.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We spent a couple of nights in this hotel and the ambient was extremely quiet and relaxing.
The original, ancient structure of the hotel is quite impressive, the rooms are clean and spacious (we stayed in the modern annex junior suite on the ground floor) if a little bare - some extra fittings would not be a bad idea.
Breakfast is abundant, the restaurant was not bad (we had the full menu which was good value for money), the SPA is not huge but has all you need and the massages we had were very very good.

Date of stay: April 2017