See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2015

The room (no12) was in desperate need of refurbishment. 2 light bulbs were broken (out of 4) The TV did not operate after 11.30pm and a fan would have been useful as the room was very hot on the the 2nd floor.

Stayed: July 2015
Nikki D, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Thank you for your review and feedback, the accommodation has now undergone a full refurbishment which has raised the overall standard. We apologise for any issues you encountered during your stay such as light bulbs not working. We hope to welcome you back in the future to showcase the new rooms to you. Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

I booked thru late rooms for the same evening due to a course I was on overrunning
Arrived to check in and was shown to my room
Could be ok with a clean a deep deep clean
The carpet was sticky and by the bed was some grated onion the previous resident had kindly left me incase I got hungry
The floorboards creaked really badly thruout the hotel and could be heard through out the night
The bed was not very well made at all ( lucky I always carry a sleeping bag in my car for such hovels)
The bathroom christ where do I start
The peach colour was very 80s and is in need of completely gutting
Toilet wasn't fastnened to the wall and wouldn't flush
Sink was filthy and shower was pitiful but at least the floorboards didn't creak
One of the worst slept in experiences I've had due to the noise from the next room playing music but I did feel safe due to the fact the Nottinghamshire police helicopter seemed to be hovering over my room all night
Breakfast was horrible after booking a 730 time and arriving at 725 I was greeted with a "Morning Mate" at 745 when the breakfast came it wasn't very nice mushrooms not cooked and fatty horrible bacon I was please to get out there how it holds such a high food status is beyond me
Wouldn't recommend by any means seems to be run by kids with no idea how to speak to people
I'm booked for a tetanus injection next week just to be on these side
Grotty grotty

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee R
Nikki D, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

I sincerely apologise for the issues you have encountered and will be undertaking an urgent investigation into this matter. Your comments will also be discussed at the next team meeting. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment in the accommodation which will now raise the standard of the rooms, however this is no excuse for the poor standard of service you seemed to have received.
Please be assured that we are taking your concerns seriously and if you would like to contact me on 01773 712940 we can discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

The place was run by kids that where run off there feet the same 5 people where constantly running around.
The rooms where clean but down in the bar was a dive. I had to place the menus on the table to stop my arms getting sticky.
We had breakfast it took ages to order and waited ages for the food.
There was the same 5 alcoholics in the bar every day no matter what time. We came down at breakfast at 8 and they where all drinking and one seemed drunk.
The kids worked hard but it was a real dive the restaurant needs a clean, it takes a few second to clean a table. I can't imagine what the kitchen looks like if the tables where left in that state.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Nikki D, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us and I apologise sincerely that your experience with us seemed to fall well below our normal standards. If you would like to contact me on 01773 712940 and we can discuss this further, however I can assure you that all of our staff are over 18 years of age.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

we went for lunch on Friday and the experience was very good, the food and friendly service was top notch, ok the place does not tick many visual boxes from the outside but the aforementioned made up for any lack of outer gloss.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Nikki D, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

Thank you for your kind review and comments, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

I stayed at The Sun Inn with a friend for 2 nights. The room we were given was grotty and definitely needed updating, badly. Wallpaper was peeling, there was damp right up the bathroom wall and pipes were very visible in the bedroom.
On the plus side, downstairs was quite nice and the staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay here again though.

Room Tip: Go there for something to eat but don't stay, rooms are awful
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Nikki D, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

We are sorry to hear that you were not entirely happy with your stay here recently. We are due to have a refurbishment starting in the upcoming weeks therefore this will raise the overall standard of the rooms.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the pub and staff.