All reviews lounge area roast beef stayed nights nice room saturday night course dinner couldn't do enough lovely hotel family wedding bog walk last weekend food was lovely cork tlc carvery ballroom waitress
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

It’s my third time to attend a wedding at this hotel. I won’t be again. The service at the meal is very slow and staff are not helpful. The tablets were set for way too many people so our plates and cutlery were on top of each other. There was 3 choices of main course but we weren’t asked beforehand what we wanted so the staff just came out with a main course and just kept asking people which one they would like so it took ages to get your dinner. By the time we got our dinner other tables were getting dessert. We asked for hot tea as the tea was cold when served and we were told there was steam coming off it. ( I thought the customer was always right) Then to top it off the after party food came out in four large bowls and thrown in together, sausages chicken and wedges, with no cutlery to serve it out. People had to use their hands and it was cold. And there was cups out for tea but no tea. A disaster would not recommend this hotel

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank bmcevoy08
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Had a meal here on Sunday. The food was just ok. i had a Chicken Ceaser Salad. I found the bottom of the head of lettuce right in the middle of the salad which turned me off straight away. The staff were friendly and helpful. My husband had just a light meal which he said was fine. i will give it another try and see if I have misjudged it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Stayed at the Abbeyleix Manor hotel a couple of weekends ago. Because we were travelling from the UK we decided to stay for 5 nights. The hotel was ok, a bit tired looking in places but comfortable. Lounge area was very comfortable, but probably not big enough. The food was excellent, particularly at the wedding reception. We also had a carvery one day which was delicious. Most of the staff were friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for us. I have to mention one person in particular, Carol on reception. We had what could have been a serious problem when we arrived and Carol went over and above to try to help us, and followed this up with a call to our room to make sure we were OK. She was excellent.
Abbeyleix itself is a lovely little town and the bog walk was a great way to get a bit of excercise.
I think the only negative was that it was quite expensive to stay 5 nights, we expected a bit of a discount and we only got it for the evening of the wedding. Overall I would recommend it for a short break.

1  Thank Marilyn J
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and I was a little let down. The food was very basic, nothing to write home about. The town of abbeyleix is such a lovely place if you are looking for a place to eat I would not go here stop at a small cafe instead for home cooked food.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

On the 20th of July last my brother got married & held their wedding reception in the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel. I was never in the hotel or had even eaten here but heard great reviews on the food and how its been refurbished. On arriving at the hotel we were greeted by the staff & inside a beautiful spread was laid out with sweet scones savoury mini pizzas cocktail sausages glassess upon glassess of presecco buckets of ice with a variety of bottled beers, music playing in the background, everyone just having a great time before the bride & groom arrived, the staff at reception desk were lovely & friendly as i needed to leave some items behind the desk, as for photos lovely area near the ballroom (pity the weather wasn't great) lovely staff waited at the front entrance for the bridal party & bride & groom they culdnt roll out the red carpet till they arrived as it was too wet but when all arrived it was brilliant, umberellas ready & glasses of bubbley & of course the red carpet,the reception they received was wonderful,the ballroom was laid out beautifully just as the bride & groom had planned, the food was absolutley scrumptious, red & white wine served to all tables, lovely friendly but very very busy staff, couldn't ask for better that special day, plenty of entertainment later, lovely sandwiches & hot food layed on later in the night. Thank you to all the management & staff for a truly wonderful & remarkable day xx❤

Date of stay: July 2018