Ruwala Resort(Kalpitiya)
USD 90
Aarya Lagoon(Kalpitiya)
USD 258
  • Breakfast included
Omeesha Beach Hotel(Kalpitiya)(Great Value!)
USD 44
USD 43
USD 97
USD 95
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 107/night.

USD 82
USD 68
  • Beachfront
USD 58
Angel Rest(Kalpitiya)(Great Value!)
USD 30
Palagama Beach(Kalpitiya)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmanager deanluxury tentsfamily tentsri lankawind turbinesair conditioned tentsdolphin watchingthe perfect hosthis teampiece of paradisebeautiful beachopen bathroomrice and currylovely poolwater sportsoutdoor showerunique experience
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed as a family of three for our first two nights in Sri Lanka. Arriving at Dolphin Beach was a wonderful relief after our long journey. Our room was cool, lovely and beautifully decorated. The pool was simply stunning. My kids loved being able to order delicious banana smoothies to drink by the pool. The setting is quite remote but there’s no need to leave as everything you need is right there. You can even take a trip to see dolphins right from the beach! We saw loads. But the best thing about the hotel are the wonderful staff - AJ the manager, Manduka and all the rest of the team. Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank katebr0wn
Reviewed 31 March 2018

It was our first night in Sri Lanka and we drove 4 1/2 hours arriving at the dolphin beach resort about 10 o'clock at night. We were greeted warmly with a cold drink by AJ, the manager and also people to take our bags. We were then taken to our beautiful tent like room and shown how everything worked. We also had a private area outside the bathroom that we could sit and relax, but we prefered staying around the beautiful pool
When we awoke early the next morning we were astounded by the beautiful grounds. I immediately went down to the ocean to see the fishermen and also the boats getting ready to go out dolphin watching. The beach was lovely and I went swimming in the warm ocean.
We were then amazed by the excellent breakfast, both Sri Lankan and western selections with delicious fruits. My husband and I had both lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant, the food was delicious and the service was excellent
The following morning we went on a dolphin watching boat tour. The guides could not have been nicer as they wanted to make sure that we were happy with the experience. Actually we were more than happy as the experience was enthralling as we saw so many beautiful dolphins jumping and playing all around us. The guide knew exactly where to go. When we returned, we were treated to another sumptuous breakfast.
I did not know what to expect as this was our first day in Sri Lanka. The dolphin beach hotel was the perfect place to be. The room was unique, well furnished, extremely clean, and built for comfort. The staff was incredibly helpful and just wanted to make certain that we were having a good experience during our stay.
AJ, the manager was very kind and answered all our concerns. Everyone at this hotel did everything they could to make our stay a great experience and we enjoyed every moment. I highly recommend the Dolphin Beach hotel. My husband and I think it was one of our best hotel experiences ever.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be lovely. You could request a room closer to beach
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Im not the type who writes reviews, good or bad, you can check the whole of trip advisor and you wont find another review from me. So you know its taken something pretty extraordinary for me to write a review. Makara Dolphin Beach resort is truly something else, a hidden gem along the beautiful Kalpittiya coastline. Where the scenery is postcard perfect and the climate is next level, these things however any place can take advantage of. Makara Dolphin Beach resort will take your breath away. From the luxurious 'glamping' style rooms to the ever-friendly, helpful and very hospitable staff members this resort is clearly a cut above. There are countless ways this slice of paradise impressed me, and too many to list all in one review, so I will give you the top few that really made my stay all the more special.
Firstly, the entire resort is eco-friendly and you genuinly feel the human footprint is reduced to the bare minimum, enjoying natures gifts without taking advantage.
Secondly, the quality of food served at this resort is incredible, all meals are cooked on premises and are fresh and full of flavour, from breakfast, lunch and dinner through to the fresh juices and cocktails everything is made to tantalize the pallet.
Thirdly, the activities offered by the resort are genuinely once in a lifetime experiences that you as a guest will never forget, I got to see over a hundred dolphins on the dolphin watching tour which was truly an emotional and heart-warming experiance. I also watched as a leapord lurked deep within the scurb of the jungle which was one of the most exhilarating encounters I have ever had.
Whilst I could go on and on about the dream holiday I had at this amazing resort I would like to finish off with one last compliment. Finally, I would like to say, that none of the above would be possible without the remarkable staff that work at Makara Dolphin Beach. In particular I would like to make mention of AJ and Harsha who were always ready to make our stay more comfortable, and last but definately not least the amazing Maduka, whilst his role is that of a waiter he went above and beyond the call of this role, he was an absolute pleasure to deal with and no request was too difficult for him.
I attended Makara Dolphin Beach resort for my honeymoon and my Husband and I were treated as if we were royalty and I could not be more greatful. To everyone at Makara Dolphin Beach Resort you made my honeymoon perfect and for that I will forever be greatful, all I can do is reccomended your beautiful establishment to anyone looking for the prefect getaway.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siobhan S
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The tents were very comfortable and especially taking a shower, outside under the palmtree, created the idea of being in paradise. The beach was very clean in contrast with other beaches we have visited. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The manager Mr AJ was interested in our wellbeing and gave good advice concerning the dolphins. Due to his information we saw hundreds of them. Mr Makara, responsible for the restaurant, was very friendly and following his advice for dinner was a good idea.The food was excellent

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the resort with my family and we had an amazing experience. The tents were comfortable and the food was good. My son liked the experience of making his own pizza for dinner. AJ, the GM was very helpful and the staff (especially Maduka) gave us a very good service. We were fortunate enough to see Dolphins and it was a first for most of us. I would recommend this place and will come again - next time to visit Wilpattu.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family