“A wonderful place to stay.”
other travellers have booked this property
Al fresco dining with amazing views.
View from the lounge, terraces, kitchen and both bedrooms Luxurious master bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Al fresco dining with amazing views.
View from the lounge, terraces, kitchen and both bedrooms
Luxurious master bedroom.
View from the kitchen.
Comfortable twin room with access to the ground floor terrace
Welcoming entrance hall with 'wine cellar and stairs to first floor
Wow!
Kitchen with granite worktops and all mod cons
Open plan kitchen.
Open plan living and dining
Ground floor bathroom with shower
First floor bathroom with shower and washing machine
We'll never tire of this view
Casa Rossa entrance
Ancient church in Acquaseria
The streets leading to Casa Rossa
Early evening on Lake Como
Lake, skies and mountains.
The beach at Acquaseria.
A religious fresco in Acquaseria
Part of the ancient borgo of Acquaseria - just around the corner
Streets leading to Casa Rossa
Casa Rossa from the lake, a few minutes walk away.  See also the famous  Creme Caramel on the shore.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
cmbtravel...
Vancouver, Canada
“Great view from the terrace.”
Reviewed 21 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

The apartment is 528 ft or 161 m from the parking lot (according to my GPS). My wife and I had two 20 kg suitcases each. We were able to more or less wheel them about 1/3 of the way to the apartment at which point I had to carry all four in turn as the wheeled cases were no match for the rough cobbled path (or the 28 flights of stairs). I’m 69 and my wife is 65 so it was quite a struggle. The parking lot was almost always full but the owners kindly provided access to a shared garage a further 70 m or so down the hill.

No question Casa Rossa has a great view from the balcony. The main bedroom is a nice size and the queen bed is very comfortable. The second bedroom, on the same level, is very narrow so the two beds oppose each other rather than being side by side. My daughter and partner arrived on the second night for a 3-day stay with two suitcases each so it was very tight for them in that bedroom. For older folks it’s important to note that, as published, the second bathroom is not on the same level as the two bedrooms. Given the foregoing I think this apartment is better suited to families with children rather than four adults.

The bathrooms are modern and spacious. There’s a reasonable kitchen with cupboards stuffed with just about anything a cook would need. There are a few oddities, like 15 identical coffee mugs but no proper wine glasses. The remainder of the upper level consists of a small dining area and a seating area with a fold out bed and one easy chair. The terrace is comfortable for two. With the outdoor table at an angle and using the dining room chairs we were able to eat together on the terrace.

The house was very clean and the owner was very responsive to all our questions.

Positives- view from the terrace, excellent internet, bed in the main bedroom, modern bathrooms.
Negatives- cost, distance to parking, second bedroom.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 Jun 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review Casa Rossa. You have mentioned a couple of points which I feel I should clarify purely for the benefit of potential future guests.

As described the house is in the ancient borgo within a maze of cobbled streets. The borgo is a traffic free zone and the garage is a few minutes short walk from the house. Inevitably as it’s a mountainous area there are some slopes and steps within the village to and from the lakeside but the payoff is the marvellous view from the house.

There are around 12 shallow steps along the route from the garage to the house plus the steps to the front door as shown on the photos. There are not 28 flights of stairs as you mention so I can only assume you meant ‘steps’ rather than ‘flights of stairs’ and that this difference is purely due to a language interpretation.

Having one full bathroom on each floor has always proved very convenient given that most time spent in the house is on the upper floor in the living area or out on the terrace enjoying the views.

I’m sorry that the second bedroom didn’t exactly meet your needs on this occasion. Luckily the entrance hall is very spacious with lots of room to store extra luggage etc. It’s a shame that you thought the terrace was a bit of a squeeze as the majority of our guests are 4 adults holidaying together and in 7 years this is the first comment of that nature.

Thank you for mentioning the glassware. I know the importance of a glass of good Italian wine and everything was fully stocked (with spares tucked away but accessible in the kitchen cupboards) when I visited in early May but I will let our housekeeper know in case they need replacing.

I hope you and your family had a good holiday and a pleasant onward journey.
Dawn
A TripAdvisor Member
“A wonderful place to stay.”
Reviewed 26 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We had very enjoyable vacation in a very clean and comfortable house with magic views of Lake Como and the majestic surrounding mountains. Close to great restaurants and the ferries.Public car parking was not alway available so the lockup garage was very much appreciated. My wife had recently had a knee replacement so the spiral stair case was a challenge but it was ok.

24 Jun 2018
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to add your review.
Reviewed 18 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

24 Jun 2018
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay in ‘real’ Italy. Thank you for adding your comments to our reviews page .
Jcla95
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional all around”
Reviewed 12 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Casa Rossa is brilliant. All rooms - sleeping and living - are spacious and tastefully decorated. The kitchen is well-stocked and has modern appliances. And then there's "the deck" with its incredible views. We spent many an hour taking in the natural beauty from that perch; each time of the day offered something totally different to marvel at.

Acquaseria was a perfect town for us. A slower pace than Menaggio and the other triangle towns - yet within really quick driving distance. There's a local friendly feel and some nice hiking opportunities nearby.

Dawn (owner) was SO great to deal with at every step of the way. Her instructions were thorough / perfect, recommendations on point, and responses consistently timely.

We chose Casa Rossa because of the excellent ratings for Dawn and the property. I have no hesitation in adding my Excellemt rating to the collection.

15 Oct 2017
Jeff, thank you so much for your lovely words. I'm so pleased you had a good trip and hope to welcome you back one day .Dawn
Madeleine...
Sydney, Australia
“Well equipped, comfortable and beautiful view over Lake Como”
Reviewed 10 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Overlooking the lake in San Siro, the apartment is well equipped for four people. Enjoyed breakfasting on the balcony each morning. Nearby towns are also worth exploring by car or ferry. Two good restaurants within walking distance. As we are in our seventies, accessing the apartment from the car ( about three minutes walk, parts over cobbles and up steps) with our suitcases was a challenge and we were fortunate to meet a neighbour who kindly helped us. On leaving we had to manage by ourselves. - not so easy. Highly recommended for able bodied. Still we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing