6,904 results
All reviews banana boat water sports joy's cruise kids pool choc bay almond tree water skiing tennis courts sunset bar kids club days in advance wednesday night evening entertainment paddle boats great holiday aqua aerobics rum punch
Reviewed 14 July 2011

A bit late with my review but was browsing, saw this & here I am.
Travelled to St Lucia with my wife & 2 kids (3ys & 18m old) on a Virgin package.
A good flight but the 1 hour stopover at Barbados made it drag a bit, would recomend the non-stop flight they do if it fits in with your dates.
We used the helicopter transfer upto Castries & it was excellant. Believe me after a near 11 hour flight with 2 toddlers its worth the money!
Mirroring other reviews this place isnt 5*. If thats what you want/expect then pay in excess of £11000 for 2 weeks & go elsewhere.
From our experience what you get here for what you pay is a really nice relaxing holiday.
The hotel staff, from the front desk to the cleaners, are chilled, laidback, helpfull & really friendly.
They do rotate the restaurants they have open but if your there for 2 weeks you will get to use all of them several times if you want to.
Our favourite was the pier, a lovely setting.
With my 2 youngsters we usually had our evening meal quite early & as a result had no problems booking a table.
The food on offer here is excellant. If anyone reviews it as not being the case they are either ridiculously fussy or have no taste buds.
The waiting staff were superb, they all doted on our 2 kids & on several occasions they took them off on a little walk which gave us 10 mins or so to eat in peice!
The hotel buildings are showing there age here & there but the whole place is clean & tidy so it didnt bother us to much.
The grounds are fantastic, the gardeners do a brilliant job.
The pools are large & clean, no probs for us re ear infection etc.
The beach isnt the biggest & the water isnt crystal clear but again its clean & tidy.
I sailed regularly on the small boats they provide for free & really enjoyed it. Got halfway to Martinique on one occasion before I bottled it & turned back!
The only negative thing I have to say about this place quickly turns into a positive.
Whilst out of our room on our 2nd day the A/C unit (above the entrance door) leaked badly.
On our return & upon opening the door my 3yr old son charged past me into the room. skidded on the unseen pool of water on the floor & smashed his head on the tiled floor. Lots of blood & lots of tears.
Fortunately he wasn't hurt seriously hurt,the onsite nurse quickly patched the little fella up. The front desk manager got a taxi & took us off to a private medical centre where 3 stiches were inserted.
He paid the bill there & then (as you would expect) so no expence of insurance claim made on our part.
We were moved to an upgraded room.
They even gave us a childs rubber swimming hat so the boy could still go into the pool.
Obviously they were liable & had to help but I couldnt fault the way they reacted.
Kind & proffesional.
We went off complex several times during our stay. Just wait at the kerb on the main road o/s the resort & the local minibuses will stop to pick you up. Again whether you go upto Rodney Bay or into Castries the locals are fine, we didn't get any hassle so give it a go.
I've been all inclusive to 3 other islands in the carribean & had a good holiday on each occasion but have to say this place is the best I've stayed at.
As I said at the beginning its not perfect but imo the pro's outweigh the con's massively.
If you give it a go I think you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Slikmeister
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Took a brief family vacation in early July. The facilities, though not extravagant, were kept up very well and more than adequate. There was a team of grounds-keepers active every day. One day a wonderful grounds-keeper even climbed a palm, retrieved a number of coco nuts, sliced them open to yield the water and meat and handed them out to the guests. The setting was impressive, though the beach area as noted in other reviews was somewhat limited. There was enough beach lounge chairs and umbrellas available. As it was the 'rainy season' , the beach front apparently gets run off from the hills ( the entire interior of the country of St. Lucia is a rain forest) so don't expect typical Caribbean crystal clear, blue water at beach side. Off shore you will find it though. It rained periodically but not enough to spoil the stay.
The main part of this review involves the extremely caring staff. They all were phenomenal. From the wait staff to the groundskeepers to hotel staff almost all were genuinely interested in making our stay enjoyable. There was not a sense that employees were trained to ask if they could be of help, they truly were interested. Requests for a change in normal routine was responded to quickly. It was a pleasure. The room was adequate for 3.
Regarding food, quantities were plentiful. There are several restaurants that had an adequate but not very exotic menu that doesn't change. Le Jardin, a French styled choice I feel was the best. All require a reservation (earlier in the day is best). Kudos to Val at the Palms and Lucy at La Jardin. Since it was 'slow season', two of the (I think) 4 restaurants were closed but rotated during the week we were there. The optional (additional $20.00) steak available at each eatery was superb. An added bonus for water skiers is that there is free water skiing daily along with standard small sail crafts and banana boat rides. I would definitely stay again. Great value, wonderful people. You can’t go wrong with this all inclusive resort.

Room Tip: Our travel plan included a free upgrade in room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We got married on June 18th, and decided to spend a few days on a short honeymoon before my hiusband went back to the United States. I was lovely, but i enjoyed it more for him than myself. This was the first time he has been to any other Caribbean island other than Barbados. We loved it. Almond Morgan Bay's Staff are so friendly and helpful. As an evnt and wedding planner in Barbados, i will definitely recommed this hotel to my clients.

Gail-ann Phillips-Luke and Emerson Luke

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XQuizitEventz
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I recently went to St Lucia on July 4th - 9th with my bf, sister & fiance. Very pleasant, relaxing, all you can eat & drink vacation - what more could you want?

Heres my Review:
Hotel: 3.25 Star (Personal Rating)
Pros: clean/tidy, nice size rooms, 3rd flr great front entrance views of ocean, nice lagoon view on back balcony, decent maid service.
Cons: small tv, need new beds (springs dug into my back), Ants in room (found in bathroom, desk, nightstand) *Ants especially come out when you have food in the room...eek!

Service: 4.5 Star (Personal Rating)
Pros: I thought the people were fantastic in St Lucia. All staff memebers were very accomodating, patient and sweet. Bartenders were fantastic, Lunch/Dinner servers were willing to accomodate our food needs NOTE: PATRONS PLEASE TIP THEM!!
$1 dollar and a smile will go a long way! I saw so many people who didnt leave a dime for all the great help...ridiculous!!
Cons: NADA

Pools & Beach: 3.75 Star (Personal Rating)
Pros: Pools were great, loved the adult pool with swim up bar! Spent many hours there ;)
Cons: Beach was quite small and slightly dissapointing but we made the best of it and enjoyed the use of FREE kayaking, pedal boating, wind surfing, and BANANA BOAT RIDE (THE BEST!!)

Food & Alcohol: 4.25 (Personal Rating)
Pros: 4 main resturants: Morgan Pier, Le Jardin, The Palms & Bambou. Also Sunset Lounge has pizza,burgers,fries,hotdogs, pasta daily & BBQ on beach daily for lunch. Great fresh fruits & seafood daily, delish french & creole cooking (beef & chicken stews)
Alcohol was good; carried alot of variety of RUMS! Although theres limited top shelf; they did carry a decent variety (Smirnoff, Beefeater, Jonny Walker Black, Paul Masson)
Cons: Menu does not change for dinner at the resturants

TIP: TAKE A TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO ALMOND MORGAN BAY, (its cheaper, faster & great island views - approx 1 hour ride) For a Reliable, Prompt, Informative, Affordable (round trip) Taxi Service: Contact: Andre Joseph from A-Touring Services www.ataxiservicestlucia.com - Email him to setup your car service before you arrive!
Joy's Tour was fun, informative, great nature tour, lovely mineral bath, lunch, snorkel and speed boat ride...lil pricey but fun....to bad it rained on our tour :(

Room Tip: Request for 3rd Floor for best views and try to get 700's & 800's section (closer to beach, rest, pool)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VaKayLover03
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I won 3 nights at the Almond Morgan Bay. So I went down with my Husband. It was our first time in Saint Lucia and our first all-inclusive.
We were beyond impressed. Clean ,cool and beautiful room, the scent of tropical flowers greeted you every time you went outside. Lush, manicured gardens. The mood was set within minutes of arriving at our hotel. Me(being prone to heat stroke) and my husband (who just generally doesn't like heat) were greeted at the lobby with freezing cold wet facecloths infused with Peppermint. It was so heavenly, I very nearly cried.
The food far exceeded expectations. It had the quality, flavour and presentation that we have found in the finest 5 star restaurants that we have dined at.
The staff was always helpful and kind. 2 prime examples:
1-At one of the dinners, 2 of the items looked so tasty that we could not decide which one to take. So our wonderful waitress kindly offered to make up a special plate for each of us, containing half portions of the 2 meals, on 1 plate! That was so kind, and we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 mini dinners each.
2-One day, I managed to lose my way from the "plum tree grill" (bar/snack food/pool) to the lobby! So I asked one of the grill employees if she could point me in the right direction. So she told her coworker she'd be back, and literally walked me to the lobby. Above and beyond.
We loved it here, and would go back in a heart beat.
Bimini
The only thing I might suggest is slightly better lighting throughout the resort. I did trip on a root one night, resulting in a few bruises and scrapes. It was just a minor inconvenience, but I would suggest that guests be cautious at night for that reason.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple