La Codarda(Pescosolido)
USD 91
  • Pool
B&B Al Colle(Pescosolido)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspastahorseback ridingfarm staytruffle huntingthe buscheese makingcooking classthree nightsfruit treesmeal timesstayed longerlovely familyhand drawn mapamalfi coastfresh producefeel welcomeitalian countryside
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Being Londoners, we were looking for somewhere away from the city hubbub in remote countryside to relax and unwind. Being food lovers, we were looking for some tasty meals. We found both of these things at Italy Farm Stay, and much more! Some days we did nothing but sleep, read, relax and eat – wonderful! We particularly enjoyed eating picnic lunches full of lots of fresh fruit that we were invited to pick from the trees and plants around the farm – we devoured loads of the best tomatoes we’ve ever had, as well as yummy figs, apples, pears, blackberries, and grapes. Guiseppe, the father of the farm, and one of the most generous people we’ve met, regularly delighted in sharing with us his home-brewed drinks including a gorgeous fizzy rose wine and some fabulously bitter gentian-root liquor. Some days we went on beautiful and interesting walks in the area, the best of which involved a trek to a natural waterfall – we found ourselves there all alone and enjoyed a spot of skinny dipping (although the water was utterly freezing!). Evening meals were, without exception, totally delicious! All the food was home-cooked, mainly using the farm’s fresh produce, and infused throughout with the gorgeous flavour of the family’s homemade olive oil. The only minor downside was the mosquitoes – we got bitten quite a lot (probably because we are not used to these insects, and were there in late August), and would take plenty anti-mosquito spray if we returned in the future. Overall, we felt so lucky to find this farm – we really enjoyed meeting our exceptionally kind and generous hosts, and the others staying at the farm, and had a wonderful, relaxing and tasty time!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I went to Italy by myself, travelled around a couple of cities that were filled with tourists. I could not wait to get to the farm. I planned it for the end of my trip. One of my first thoughts when I got there was "What am i going to do here for 5 days?" I soon realized there were so many ways to keep myself entertained. One of the most enjoyable aspects of being at the farm was the flow of visitors. Always someone new to talk to and spend time with. One morning I left at 5am to go watch the shepard make cheese. We took a car up into the mountains and were hiking while it was still dark out. We ate the freshest pecorino cheese drizzled in olive oil for breakfast, then drank a glass of whey.
One morning I went with a couple of friends I made at the farm, into Sora. We stopped at a "bar" and had custard filled croissants with cappucinos. Delicious! It was the day of the open market. We walked for hours, sampling cheese, trying on shoes, eating bread, watching people
Every night at the farm we ate outside at big tables while plates and plates of food just kept coming and coming. All fresh, all made from scratch, grown on the farm. The pear stuffed raviolis, fresh breads, roasted peppers, tiramisu and gelatos. It was a great way to experience the real Italy and totally worth the trip!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank jessica w
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My friend and I stopped here for two nights on our backpacking trip through Europe. We found it last minute online in an attempt to escape all the cities we had been traveling through, a little detox mid-trip.

It was a bit confusing how to best get there from rome on an itty-bitty budget, but that was part of the fun! Taking the train from Rome to Roccasecca, then a bus to Sora, was magical as we saw the city disappear into the mountains.

Antonello even picked us up, along with one of the farm volunteers at the bus station. We arrived to fresh bruschetta and a gorgeously large room overlooking the farm and the mystical town of Sora. In the morning, my friend helped pick berries for breakfast just stepped from our doorway and we learned how to make fettucini and pasta sauce from scratch with farm ingredients, which all the guests ate for dinner, it was beyond fun and the other guests were fun to be around too, people from all over the globe, even a family!

I really enjoyed jogging around the mountians and exploring the village. The next morning we woke up before dawn as Antonella brought us, along with a bunch of other guests, to an authentic cheese-maker and goat herder in the hills. It was a truly authentic and interesting experience! The cheese was INCREDIBLE, although it was very chilly in the hills that early in the morning, so make sure you bring warm enough clothes, even in July.

The wine they serve (you can buy a liter and just drink it all day) is right from their farm, and delicious. I loved the laid back attitude of everyone there: guests, owner, volunteers...it was a perfect reprieve and I wish we could have stayed longer!

Especially for those who are eco-conscious, it is perfect...and you get A LOT for the price, I couldn't believe it!

The town of Sora is also very charming. When we walked to town to grab espresso, and explore, we stopped at a fruit market where we had the most incredible and fresh peaches. The owner was so sweet, and thought we were nice so she even gave us the fruit for free! As we walked up the steep hill to the farm, a young guy stopped in his car and randomly guessed if we were going to the farm, he said he knew Antonello well and gave us a ride up to the farm so we wouldn't have to walk. Everyone in town was just so kind and welcoming!

Thanks to Antonello and his team for making it a truly special experience

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wanderinglotus
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I consider myself very lucky that I found out about Antonello's Farm! After having spent one year in the eternally busy and noisy city Rome, I was just looking for a calm place to relax and to celebrate the 'art of doing nothing'. During my stay at the farm it really happened that I spent one whole afternoon in the olive grove doing nothing and just enjoying the beauty of nature. But there also was so much to do: Maria taught me how to make pasta, Giuseppe took me for a drink in his vine cellar, one morning we visited a cheesemaker and in the evening we went for a walk with a truffle hunter; in the meanwhile I was exploring the mountains. And not to forget the tremendous good food! I loved the evenings when all guests, hosts and volunteers met for dinner! Every minute of my holiday was so precious and full of joy and fun! For sure, I will go there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Italy Farm Stay was certainly the highlight of a two month trip. It is a stop that I would encourage any traveler to make. The farm is exactly what you would expect it to be, a working and sustainable farm, run by an amazing family.

The first night we arrived, we were invited to a benefit for a local organization in the town of Sintra. It was a humbling experience and wonderful to converse with some inspiring people. Actually, after 10 days in Italy, this was the first time that I actually felt like I had really been greeted by true Italian hospitality!

Food was spectacular and always available. Breakfast was your typical Italian breakfast and lunch was available upon request. Dinner was an unforgettable experience (delicious courses kept coming), accompanied with laughter and interesting conversation. I would highly recommend a pasta-making class with Maria! She taught us to make the most amazing sauce (nothing was cooked) that will be perfect for hot days in Texas.

The Italian Farm Stay also offered a variety of activities. In addition to the cooking class, we participated in horseback riding, which was a crazy adventure, and woke up at the crack of dawn to visit the local shepherd, which was well worth it.

I cannot give enough compliments to Italian Farm Stay. Antonello was warm, inviting and hilarious! And quite possibly the only European who has mastered sarcasm. Giuseppe and Maria were absolutely wonderful. Maria refuses to admit how well she speaks English and even though Giuseppe knows very little English, communication did not seem to be a problem. They were genuinely kind.

I read a few comments about the outside noises. We did not notice any! These were the best nights of sleep we had and, I'm embarrassed to say, I took the most amazing five-hour nap in the middle of one day (after we woke up at 5:00 am to visit the shepherd). I was very comfortable at night, even though we did not have an A/C unit in our room.

This was an excellent experience and one that we will not soon forget. We truly hope to visit the farm again someday, and have already recommended our friends and family to visit. The only thing I would change for next time is to bring bug spray (DUH!, it's a farm, of course there are bugs).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple