All reviews camp kitchen jumping pillow movie world petting zoo sausage sizzle great park fish tank free pancakes licensed cafe close to theme parks bmx track pool area amenities block powered site animal farm family cabin wet n wild
Reviewed 9 December 2015

We camped in a tent for 5 nights on an artificial turf site. We found the site clean and spacious for our 'biggish' tent. The amenities where fantastic and very clean, only slightly lacking in late night/early morning clean up of restocking paper towels and more/bigger bins to hold the paper towels. The fish tank in the amenities was wonderful to look at and my 1 year old kept riding her trike to the toilets to look at the fish. The pool/spa area was really good and kept the kids entertained. The cabana seating areas were nice, but I can imagine they would get 'reserved' early in the morning on hot days. Apparently you can book them through the cafe but this wasn't really advertised and it would be good for people to maybe have a bit of a time limit (say 2 hours), especially if they aren't actually using it and just in the pool.

The poolside cafe was great. The Friday night burger specials were really good and would have liked the other nights to offer similar 'themed specials'.

The camp kitchen was about to be refurbished when we where there, and there was only 1 sink for cleaning up which was a bit disappointing when having to wait for 2+ groups of people to wash (and dry) a LOT of dishes.

Very close to the theme parks/IGA local shops. We enjoyed our stay. The one negative is the highway traffic. I didn't think it would bother me the first night as I was exhausted, but it took a long time for me to sleep. I became more immune to it over the holiday, but the weekday early morning traffic (from 4/5am) was also quite constant. It didn't seem to both my children sleeping though.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed for only 1 night but wish we would have stayed longer. Great park with fantastic facilities and children activities. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Would recommend highly to any visiting gold coast and ideal location for all theme parks.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the motel section on business trip and found the room old style but clean and had a very comfortable bed and yes !!! pillows that are puffy at last , the last 5 places I have stayed have had pillows like rolled up newspaper , these pillows are were great , the rooms are very basic and there is road noise with the windows open , I walked around the park and it looks great for camper vans and caravans lots of space and solid concrete bays on flat areas , good pool area for kids.
I would say it would be a great stop over traveling north
And ok for Movie world visitors as it is just across the road .
The key system is out dated and easy to be locked out of the room when leaving at night .... Yes I got locked out .
All in all I would recommend this location for a stay.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

I have come and stayed here with my mother, and we were welcomed at such short notice after we were refused entry because of our dog at another pet friendly caravan park. The bathrooms are so amazing and there is so much to do in the park. The staff are so friendly and the park is always extremely clean. It's an affordable holiday for everyone.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
GCHP, Owner at BIG4 Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

We are very proud of our wonderful staff who do their best to make every stay special, even at short notice!

Please feel free to come and stay with us again soon.

Set travels to wish see you again

Reviewed 26 November 2015

Lovely clean park ,friend ly staff ,we will be going back . Close to al the beach . Close to the parks and our friends . Colse the shops and restaurants and safe place to stay . Will come back for a longer stay next time

Room tip: Look at the floor plans and read a bout the place
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GCHP, Owner at BIG4 Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

Hi Kim,

Thanks for taking the time to review us and for your kind comments.

We're glad to hear you will becoming back to see us again :)

Safe travels til then.