Danny Minnie's
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Loch Altan(Gortahork)
USD 98*
Arnolds Hotel(Dunfanaghy)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssconesporridgepea pureeon arrivalpâtéb bsea bassfour poster bedsteakcheese boardbooked a tableopen firenext morningsaturday eveningsalmonstayed here for one nightdrambuie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday evening with two irritable children.... check in was quick and smooth with no hassle. The lady that checked us in asked if we would be eating I said yes but didn't have a table booked again this wasn't a problem. We came down early for dinner with the kids and we're seated in a lovely bar area. We were looked after by Mary who was very friendly and made me feel totally at ease as I was very anxious as my two are small and a little unsettled when hungry. My 4 year old has autism and I'm particularly anxious when he's in a social situation but Mary put us at ease.
The restaurant is very nice and fine dining which if I'm honest doesn't really suit small kids but again this never was a problem for the staff.
We were well looked after and the food was excellent. We rushed it ourselves as I was aware a lot of people out for a nice meal.
We got a puncture coming into the town and one of the owners came to our table having chatted briefly to my hubby and got our keys as he had arranged a local man to fix the puncture might I note at 6.30pm on a Saturday evening. All whilst we ate dinner.
Our room was comfortable and quirky and very clean with two good sized double beds.
The next morning I had to collect my teenage son from the local college at 8am as he had attended the Gaeltacht there( hence the reason we were there).
I took him in for brekkie with us which again was no problem with the staff.
Brekkie was lovely with lots of a selection and lovely freshly baked scones pancakes and homemade jams etc.
Full Irish was freshly cooked to order and the eggs were cooked to perfection. The lady who served us was lovely ( Scottish I think) who engaged in Irish conversation with my son.
I can not highly recommend this place enough. The staff went above and beyond my expectations.
As I said before I am always very aware of surroundings etc when my son is in public as he can have meltdowns any time for no reason at the drop of a hat.
We will definitely be returning when my son attends the Gaeltacht next year ( minus the two babies lol) as I want to truly experience the place with a nice bottle of red next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nikkikMeath
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed every minute of this stay, staff could not do enough for us, really friendly and attentive. Our room had a 4 poster and was really comfortable. Carrick finn beach is only a few minutes away and is really stunning. Breakfast was made to order and was top class. I loved the decor of this place it was quirky and traditonal, I have recommended this place to friends and I would definately return

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dsherid
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant and B&B is excellent.
Great menu , superb food and attentive friendly staff. All come together in a "TARDIS" of a building with eclectic decor.Much of the produce is their own or sourced locally. Well worth going out of you way to visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Stayed here for one night for a family gathering. The dinner was fantastic and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was probably the best I have had anywhere. There was a great selection of hot and cold food (the porridge was lovely).
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Galánta,- an bia, an áit, an chuideachta, gach rud fá dtaobh dó. Tá sé in áit iontach sásta le cuairt a thabhairt ar thír chonaill. Cha dtiocfadh leat níos fearr a fháil. Gabh agus bain sult as. Beidh mé fhéin ar ais aríst le cuidiú Dé!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family