“Tranquil surrounds and good food.”
Review of Danny Minnie's

Danny Minnie's
Ranked #1 of 3 Annagry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2015

I spent an overnight here with my partner in this beautifully situated B & B. We received a warm an rapturous welcome from Management and staff and sat beside the open fire with our drinks. We were seated in the restaurant after ordering our food and tucked into to our sumptuous meals. We had a lovely bottle of Red Wine with our meal. Our starters with fresh homemade bread and scones were delicious and our main meal of duck and lamb was good. To our surprise the waitress didn't ask how we would like our meat served. So we both got well done. This was followed up with beautiful desserts. We stayed overnight in one of their newly decorated bedrooms and they were a treat. Very comfortable and very warm and cosy. In the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant and I had wonderful smoked mackerel with a poached egg. Again homemade bread and toast served with plenty of coffee and tea.The carpet in the restaurant needs to be updated. I must say this is an experience to behold. I will be back. Great staff, great ambiance and good food. What a treat.

Room Tip: If your at the front of the B&B you may have a trouble with noise in the Summertime but we found...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marypatrica

Reviewed 21 February 2015 via mobile

A beautiful part of Ireland and well worth a visit. Donegal has a lot to offer and Danny Minnies is one of them. We had a delicious meal and were welcomed by friendly staff. We will return to this hidden gem.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 January 2015

If you want to impress to your girlfriend or wife definitely this place will help you. She will be Very Happy.

Despite the distance you have to drive, it is worth it.

The place is very nice, close to beaches.

The atmosphere is warm and relax, ideal to share an unforgetable moment.

The rooms are well decorated, every room is different than the others.

The personal was gentle and very helpfull.

A very nice way to start your night "take a seat beside the fire place and enjoy the drink before your dinner"

When we get into the restaurant the atmosphere was Nice.

Oscar Wilde wrote, " I can resist everything except temptation "
I wonder if he wrote that after been eating in this place.

The food was DELICIOUS.

The presentation of the plates, the service, everything make me feel very well.

Next day the Breakfast was equally GOOD.

I regret to leave the place.

I highly Recommended

Room Tip: Book the place in advance as well of your place for a dinner.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T9224ZB
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Had a very nice meal hear recently. Although expensive they often have excellent deals like the restricted menu we are on - 3 courses for 40euro and worth every penny. Drink however was a little overpriced.

The atmosphere is excellent, relaxing in cosy lounge beside fire until your order is taken then through to the beautiful restaurant for dinner.

Both my meal and my husbands were excellent, I felt my goats cheese was a bit too over- baked, but apart from that we thoroughly enjoyed our first two courses, and very generous portions.

Staff were excellent and very attentive but not annoyingly so.

Wee bit of a disappointment at desert as 3 of the menu deserts were unavailable and the replacement was not to my liking, I had been so looking forward to cheesecake as well- but no such luck.

I look forward to returning again (and again) for next special occasion.

• Stayed: December 2014
3  Thank Lou H
Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful night of food, music and drinks here. The staff provide you with an experience rather then just an ordinary service, and the atmosphere is fantastic. The building itself is beautiful, really tastefully decorated in a very vintage style. They work off a set menu, and a really nice one at that! The food was perfect and plenty of it. The wine list was good and varied. Following our dinner, we headed into the bar where there was music on. It was a real treat, really enjoyed it.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annIe-Lou-c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annagry
5.5 km away
0 km away
No photo provided
Loistin an Iuir
#2 of 3 in Annagry

Been to Danny Minnie's? Share your experiences!