See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Forest bungalows were great. Great location. Safe, clean, comfortable. From the time we arrived, they went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. I'm definitely going back,stay longer.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I'm here for 1 month. Coming to the end of my training 'holiday' now. Forest Bungalow is a perfect place to stay if you have training in mind. Rooms cleaned twice per week, Mama has been super helpful with anything I've needed. I stayed in Bungalow F7. I also spent 4 nights in the luxury apartment aswell, bigger room, small kitchen and cable TV. The bungalow has served its purpose perfectly, a/c is 100% etc.
Forest Bungalow is tucked away of a side street on the main strip so it's very quiet if you want to get away from the action on the strip. Cannot fault this place and I will be returning when I come back to train. Thank you Mama!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I stayed at a bungalow F9 near local people house. It was noisy in the evening, because children playing football behind a bungalow. Other time was really quiet. A bungalow was really nice, cable TV, fridge, air con, hot shower, free wifi too. I asked for a kettle and DVD player, she gave me with 200 baht and 500 baht deposit. A food at their restaurant is the best. I were full with only 45 thb for Thai food dish with rice. Mama really took great care of me, all staffs were really nice and friendly. They don't understand english that well (except Mama, some guys and girls at restaurant), but I didn't have any problems communicate with them.

Room Tip: Just ask Mama, an owner.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Natanan
Reviewed 7 May 2015

My and my partner had the best month staying here. Down a little side-street in Chalong you will find Forest Bungalows and Mama's Restaurant, a perfect location to stay during your time training in Chalong.

Services include restaurant, motorcycle rental, airport transfers, massage, pool, laundry, free wifi, computer room, library and a tour agency.

Bungalow included wifi, fridge, cable TV, safe-box, hot shower, clothes airer and air con.

We were training at Tiger Muay Thai, a 5-10min walk from the bungalow, but other gyms such as Unit-27 are much closer. We rented a motorcycle for the month, which cost around 3000 baht (£60), and we had a few issues with the bikes, but they happily swapped them for us free of charge. There are several staff on hand all day, and service was some of the best we experienced in Thailand.

The restaurant was cheap, healthy and great value for money. They have hundreds of healthy options, protein shakes, protein dishes and also standard Western Meals such as Pizza, Burgers, etc... although you tend to pay more for these. The average Western meal would cost around 100-150baht (£2-3), whereas Thai dishes cost around 50baht (£1). The staff also let us bring our own food in occasionally, as we were regular customers. Vegetarian alternatives can be ordered, you just have to ask.

We rented the bungalow for 12000 baht (£300) for the month, which was a bargain, especially for two people. Room is cleaned twice per week, you can arrange this with your personal cleaner. Also leave them a tip when you leave, you will only have one cleaner for your room and they will do a great job in hope that you will tip. Even the smallest amount is a lot for them.

We saw several lizards/geckos and one snake while staying here. Definitely added to the 'Forest' vibe.

When I return I will be staying here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

This place is very well looked after. Friendly & professional staff, cozy, clean and equipped bedroom (tv, a/c, fridge). The restaurant offers a healthy menu as well as local food. Very tasty! Good value for money.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple