See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2015

My and my partner had the best month staying here. Down a little side-street in Chalong you will find Forest Bungalows and Mama's Restaurant, a perfect location to stay during your time training in Chalong.

Services include restaurant, motorcycle rental, airport transfers, massage, pool, laundry, free wifi, computer room, library and a tour agency.

Bungalow included wifi, fridge, cable TV, safe-box, hot shower, clothes airer and air con.

We were training at Tiger Muay Thai, a 5-10min walk from the bungalow, but other gyms such as Unit-27 are much closer. We rented a motorcycle for the month, which cost around 3000 baht (£60), and we had a few issues with the bikes, but they happily swapped them for us free of charge. There are several staff on hand all day, and service was some of the best we experienced in Thailand.

The restaurant was cheap, healthy and great value for money. They have hundreds of healthy options, protein shakes, protein dishes and also standard Western Meals such as Pizza, Burgers, etc... although you tend to pay more for these. The average Western meal would cost around 100-150baht (£2-3), whereas Thai dishes cost around 50baht (£1). The staff also let us bring our own food in occasionally, as we were regular customers. Vegetarian alternatives can be ordered, you just have to ask.

We rented the bungalow for 12000 baht (£300) for the month, which was a bargain, especially for two people. Room is cleaned twice per week, you can arrange this with your personal cleaner. Also leave them a tip when you leave, you will only have one cleaner for your room and they will do a great job in hope that you will tip. Even the smallest amount is a lot for them.

We saw several lizards/geckos and one snake while staying here. Definitely added to the 'Forest' vibe.

When I return I will be staying here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

This place is very well looked after. Friendly & professional staff, cozy, clean and equipped bedroom (tv, a/c, fridge). The restaurant offers a healthy menu as well as local food. Very tasty! Good value for money.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

Value for money. Forest bungalow is a non expensive hotel in which what you pay is what you get. Rooms are big very spacious. Good air condition,cable tv. Something didn't like is that when you take your key all the outlets are turned off. So yo can't live you camera or cell phone charging. Another thing didn't like is that you have to ask for house keeping. If not your room is not cleaned and towels are not changed.
Service is spectacular and is near to gyms and fighting stadiums.
I will come back in training mode. This visit was just recognition of the area.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leo R
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Well this is the second time I have stayed here in 18 months and I love it. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. They have a TV, Hot Shower, Safe and AC. The restaurant is very good with a lot of different choices on the menu. Thai Rd Chicken and rice is my favourite and takes about 3 minutes to come out from ordering. There a lot of different people that stay here but most of them train at the local Muay Thai and other gyms in the area. The swimming pool is a nice place to relax after a heavy training session. I stayed at the end of off season and the place was very quiet. If you want to come when it is busier then come in Feb/Mar time. either way you will have a very pleasent stay.

Room Tip: I like the bungalows, although the single rooms and the new boutique rooms are very nice too.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed in forest bungalows as my partner had stayed here previously and liked it. We stayed in one the new luxury rooms as were staying in Chalong for 1 month. We got a deal which included the room and rental of a scooter.

Pros: daily cleaning, large room, great location to gyms/ restaurants etc set off the main road, majority of the staff are friendly enough.

Cons: Mama did not inform us that just after a few days of arriving the swimming pool was being renovated. Mama seemed to do the deal and then disappear.
They said it would take 7-10days but 3weeks on and it's still not been finished. I found this extremely disappointing as although we came here to train we wanted somewhere to relax by in-between training and on rest days. After all this was our vacation. There was no where to sit and relax and to enjoy the weather. We payed more money than we intended too to stay here so it was very frustrating having to pay extra to use other hotels swimming pools. I would of preferred her to notify us of the renovation before we payed upfront for a month.

The restaurant is over priced in comparison to other places on the street.

Our room had a glass door into the bathroom, which is fine if your on your own but not when your travelling as a couple! Mama you need to get a blind! Also we had to buy our own mosquito prevention as because of the outdoor bathroom we had lots visiting us and got bitten often. The hot water tripped daily in our room too.

Overall you could get more for your money else where on the street. I wouldn't stay here again based on Mama not informing us about the pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple