See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed in forest bungalows as my partner had stayed here previously and liked it. We stayed in one the new luxury rooms as were staying in Chalong for 1 month. We got a deal which included the room and rental of a scooter.

Pros: daily cleaning, large room, great location to gyms/ restaurants etc set off the main road, majority of the staff are friendly enough.

Cons: Mama did not inform us that just after a few days of arriving the swimming pool was being renovated. Mama seemed to do the deal and then disappear.
They said it would take 7-10days but 3weeks on and it's still not been finished. I found this extremely disappointing as although we came here to train we wanted somewhere to relax by in-between training and on rest days. After all this was our vacation. There was no where to sit and relax and to enjoy the weather. We payed more money than we intended too to stay here so it was very frustrating having to pay extra to use other hotels swimming pools. I would of preferred her to notify us of the renovation before we payed upfront for a month.

The restaurant is over priced in comparison to other places on the street.

Our room had a glass door into the bathroom, which is fine if your on your own but not when your travelling as a couple! Mama you need to get a blind! Also we had to buy our own mosquito prevention as because of the outdoor bathroom we had lots visiting us and got bitten often. The hot water tripped daily in our room too.

Overall you could get more for your money else where on the street. I wouldn't stay here again based on Mama not informing us about the pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lowra R
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at forest bungalows for a month as a solo traveler. The room and bathroom was clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Not all of them speak English very well, but they really are eager to help and ensure that you enjoy your stay. The food at the restaurant is good and affordable. And Mama is an absolute sweetheart. I would recommend staying her to anybody.

Quick note, if you do stay here, you may want to consider renting a motorbike in order to see more of Phuket. Mama has really good rates for that as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Hello,

two females we stayed there for 5 days it was great. The AC was good and the washroom was small with little space for our washroom supples but good enough and clean.
Mama who owns it is very sweet. They are on the ball there I got my key stolen along with iphone, watch and $100 american at kata beach I placed it in my moto which was locked but someone broke in and Mama offered to help take me to the police. Very helpful. even though the hotel key was stole I still had to pay for it $250 baht. Oh well.

Pool is really nice and the restaurant is great. I would go there again if it was short stay if you have a longer stay you can hit up cheaper hostels on the same road.

great location to work out at the muay thai gyms

The beds are wayyyyy to hard but i think all of thailand was like that. I was in pain for the week.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I love this place!! Run by "Mama" (your new thai mum) they cater for every need of the young 'farang' fighters/wanabee fighters that train at Tiger Muay Thai, Phuket Top Team, Unit 27 or others.

Mama is always there with a friendly smile and helpful information (even when you crash one of her motorbikes - charged me very fairly and was more worried about my health than that of the bike....)

Decent pool, great restaurant, social people, Live and Replay UFC - what more could you want :) :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

A fantastic guesthouse. The restaurant has good Thai and Mexican food and offers you a lot of choice for great prices.
Mama takes a personal interest in her guests. She took my husband shopping to get a few items and when he rebooked for a longer stay she gave him vouchers for the restaurant. Another guest was having some health issues, and Mama took hom to the pharmacy and helped him the medication he needed.
There was some construction but all guests were given free breakfast for the inconvenience (which wasn't very inconvenient really).
We will return to Mamas and book our family here next time we go to Phuket.

• Stayed: September 2013