“Quiet morning business meeting”

Kan Eang@Pier Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Chalong
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the restaurant at 10:15 while they're opening up. Lots of space with terraces as far as the eye can see. The staff were friendly but didn't speak very good English but we managed to get everything sorted pretty quickly. I opted for the Thai breakfast which was lovely (rice and prawn soup, fruit platter and a cup of tea for 200 Baht.

We sat there for most of the morning and the restaurant became reasonably busy but there was lots of space so it didn't feel crowded. The view is nice over the bay also

Apparently they do very good fresh fish barbecue but I didn't try so can't comment.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We had a lovely lunch here with friends and family of my partner.

We had a number of seafood dishes and they were all good, so I would say it is hard to go wrong.

At lunch (on a Friday) it was pretty quiet...not sure what it is like at peak times. However when we were there the service was very attentive

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, excellent staffs, the owners are very friendly. The food is something you hv to try. The crab with the curry powder is a must. The prawns with tamarind sauce is s must.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We usually go to this restaurant since we live locally and it has a nice view. The food is good, price is on the higher side. Today when my husbands family came to visit from France they ordered white wine by the glass. They asked in the end of they can pay for a bottle instead since they drank less than a bottle and we come often. The manager said no. My husband told her we come once a week high and low season unlike tourists. The manager then said, I prefer th tourist business than yours! Even if she couldn't do anything about the wine, the least she can do is be cordial and nice after we had just spent money eating at this establishment (yet again) but not anymore. We were loyal customers but with a rude manager like this - we are for sure never coming back! No one should ever be spoken to and treated this way!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We used to go to Ka Eang@Pier practically every week when we lived in Phuket, and for good reason: the ambiance is perfect, and so is the vast array of seafood dishes they offer. We always sit in the bar area, which has a seat that overlooks the Adaman and Chalong Pier. You can go over to the live seafood area and choose what fish/seafood you want to have cooked for you, and also see the catch of the day. This is particularly fun for kids. I highly recommend getting fish grilled in coconut husks, which is fantastic and extremely moist and flavourful. While this place excels at Southern Thai cuisine, you can also get vegan items and even Japanese food, such as sashimi and tempura. They have a good selection of beer and wine too.