New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blanchardstown
Berlin
“Hotel ok, location not great but service at its worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel itself is ok, the bar food menu has not changed in years but the quality is not too bad, breakfast is nice, rooms rather dark with lots of glowing LEDs at night, and the location is really not good, as the hotel is squeezed in between the motorway and the rather ugly and cheap Blanchardstown shopping mall. I would only stay here if I had work to do in the area. However I personally will try to avoid the hotel because of the bad service.

Here is my story: I am a Gold Priority Club Member and my company books many nights in there every month as our office is in walking distance. However I was treated like dirt and not as a valued customer. What had happened is that I did not arrive on the night booked, because due to an airline strike my flight got cancelled on a short notice, My travel agency did not amend the booking. So the hotel charged my personal credit card for three nights. I talked to the travel agency who said they will cover the first night. In fact they tried for three days to have the hotel charge me two nights and the travel agent one night, but they declined. I will have a lot of trouble getting this sorted as the nights/dates on the bill do not match. The front desk staff were nice but helpless as they are not empowered to make any decision. I really felt that i was not valued at all.

There are much, much nicer hotels in downtown at good prices these days, so unless your company forces you to stay there, I personally would avoid the Crown Plaza in Blanchardstown!

Room Tip: If you must stay there, get a room on one of the upper floors, and to the south side if you mind noi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent visit to the hotel. I sincerely apologise for the confusion in relation to your no-show charge. This was charged as per the clear terms and conditions set out in your reservation. There was no prior communication made to us regarding any possibility of a no-show or flight delay.
We do of course value you as a gold member guest and as such have refunded the charge prior to your review being posted.

I do regret any delay or confusion on this matter. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in our service and would be very grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel or by e-mail goneill@crowneplazabdublin.ie

Garret O’Neill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed along with my partner for one nite on a Bed,Breakfast and Dinner package.The hotel is very close to Blanchardstown shops and we got bus into Dublin as well.The room we had was on 7th floor and was excellant.We had dinner that nite in the hotel and found the food to be very nice indeed ,with staff attentive.Breakfast was also very good with a variety to suit everyone.Would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is great to see that all elements of your stay were positive, including the staff, the room and the food. I am delighted to see that overall yourself and your partner enjoyed your stay and would stay again.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Garret O'Neill
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

The hotel is spotlessly clean, bang up to date and TBH one of the best I've stayed in. Took mum for 2 nights (mother's day treat) which fell on the busy St Pats. weekend. Despite the hotel being very busy (locals use it) the service levels were not compromised. Getting taxi's to and from Dublin proved variably expensive though, so instead of going back out after our tour for a Chinese as planned, the hotel was so nice we decided to stay in for a mothers day evening meal. I have tasted better food and also tasted worse but I have to say breakfast in the morning was quite simply the best I've ever had. I don't know if it was the irish butter the scrabbled eggs were cooked in or the sausage which I don't normally eat at home, could even have been the fresh sauteed mushrooms but whatever it was I couldn't wait for the next morning.

We had a bottle of complimentary water in our room each day and were given another bottle free of charge when we requested one. We also asked our waitress to fill our bottle up with tap water in the morning (for mum's pills) which she cheerfully did free of charge. Mum couldn't drink the complimentary little packet milk in the room either, so the restaurant supplied us with a free jug of fresh milk for tea in our room. Just saying.

Overall, a lovely hotel, but not for gettin in and out of Dublin.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your feedback in relation to your visit with us over the Bank Holiday Weekend. I am delighted to see that this was one of the best hotels that you have stayed in!

It is great to see that you received the high level of customer care that we consistently strive to achieve. I am sorry to hear that you cancelled your plans to go to a Chinese restaurant due to distance, but perhaps on your return visit you may visit a local Chinese Restaurant which is less than 10 minutes from the hotel.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,

Wexford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Saved up with wife for a weekend in dublin. Dont get to have many breaks away due to family circumstances so this one was special and we said we'd treat ourselves as it was our first weekend away in 8 years.
Hotel was magnificent - like a 5-star hotel. No matter how hard i tried to fault it, i couldnt. Place was immaculate.
We got an evening meal as part of our package - which was delicious. The staff offered us drinks with our meal, however to try and keep the cost down (took long enough to save up for this!) we opted for a glass of water each.
They gave us a bottle of still water but by two glasses it was gone. The food was delicious, cant fault it either. After dinner i asked for another glass of water and another bottle arrived. I just had about half a glass and left the rest (i only wanted a glass, didnt really expect a whole bottle anyway).
Upon departure of the restraunt, i was informed there was a surcharge of €10.40 on my bill.... FOR TWO BOTTLES OF WATER @ €5.20 EACH!?
WTF?? (i would mind, but i also left 3/4 of the 2nd bottle on the table??!)!

THIS IS AN UTTER DISGRACE. I have *NEVER* in my LIFE had to pay for a glass of water in an Irish hotel - and i have asked several people I know, who would be away regularly, and they were just as shocked as i was!
Charge for WATER??? TAP WATER?
Does Enda Kenny have shares in this place?

I was so delighted to get away with my wife for the first time in 8 years, and we were so stunned by the quality of the hotel, this really brought us both back down to earth with a BANG!
I still cannot get over this. I'm even annoyed now that we actually spent ANY of our money with this hotel, as they certainly dont deserve it - not if theyre going to CHARGE people for TAP WATER!
I have no doubt whatsoever those bottles are refilled and put in the fridge, it is all a big scam.
If it was SPAIN of somewhere, fair enough - because the tapwater i apparently 'not drinkable'... But here?!

There was no mention of a water charge on the menu and the staff certainly didnt say it when i asked for more. And then to think i left a small 'tip' on the table (along with 3/4 of my bottle of water?) has infuriated me.
I had looked at the wine menu, and we could have got a bottle of white wine CHEAPER than the two bottles of water!
Or even two Cokes would have been cheaper.....

So what can i say? This kind of spoiled our stay and i certainly wouldnt go back because of this - if you ARE going, bring your own bottled water to your room, and ask for soft drinks with your meal!
Who do these people think they are, charging €5.20 for a litre of water in all fairness??

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank securityman
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel on your recent visit to Dublin. I appreciate your feedback and overall rating of the hotel, I am glad to see that you found the hotel to be magnificent – like a 5 star hotel and that you found it hard to fault.

I am obviously disappointed to learn that having ordered mineral water that you did not anticipate the charge for your order to be as it was. This, I assure you is the average market price for this premium brand Italian Mineral Water. It is most certainly not Tap Water as suggested and we do of course serve all guests glasses or jugs of tap water with no charge. All our bottled mineral water are sealed and never refilled and are available as an optional purchase if ordered by our guests.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel, goneill@crowneplazadublin.ie
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed here in December 2011 for my works Christmas party which was also held at the same venue. Absolutely first class. The staff are very efficient and helpful and most importantly (in my opinion) friendly! The rooms are bright, clean, modern and very nicely decorated. The food was delicious, if anything it's too nice! My Christmas party dress was not very forgiving ha! It was very busy as you can imagine but at no time did the staff let you feel they were stressed, running around after a load of merry party guests! We all had a brilliant night and wouldn't hesitate to book our party here this year again! Thanks Crowne Plaza, it was a genuine pleasure.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Serena,

Thank you for your very positive review in relation to your recent stay and Christmas party. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed every aspect of the party and the overall experience of your visit.

It’s great to see that you will have no hesitation in re-booking for this year, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Garret O’Neill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanchardstown
9.8 km away
#17 of 150 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,960 reviews
4.5 km away
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!