Lowest prices for your stay
USD 92
Free cancellation until 11/03/21
Expedia.comUSD 60
eDreamsUSD 92
Agoda.comUSD 73
All reviews daan park mrt station excellent location din tai fung rice taipei chi sofa corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2018

Entrance lobby was very small but staff was efficient, very cheerful n helpful. They immediately confirmed my request for a plastic chair to be used in the shower for my mom with reduced mobility was arranged already. The hotel lift was very small n with my mom in wheelchair, after I pushed her in, I couldn’t squeeze in the big suitcase. After struggling for about 5 minutes without success, I had to pull out the wheelchair n requested my mom to stand up n walk in slowly. Otherwise no way we could go up to our room n at that time, there was nobody to help as I didn't yelled and the staff couldn't see the lift area. In the next few days, I noticed once we arrived at the front desk, the staff there would all stand up to greet us with very respectful attitude and offered to help. All staff were very friendly including the cleaning lady we just saw in the lift.

Design of the hotel was quite old fashioned n room size very tight if we had 2 big suitcases. The bed was comfortable n there were 4 bottles of complimentary water. The jacuzzi bath tub took up around 1/3 of the space which made the shower area very squeezed. Since there was only half a glass door for the shower, the floor got a bit wet after the shower but was manageable. Noise outside at the door could be heard clearly. In room WiFi was strong n stable. TV had international channels like AXN, Animal Planet, Cartoon Network, CCTV 4, CNN, Discovery Channel, Disney, Fox Sports, HBO, Hollywood, National Geographic, NHK, TLC n TVBS. Noise in the corridor could easily be heard inside the room.

Taxi fare NT$1,200 from airport n upon arrival, taxi driver immediately offered return fare at NT$1,000 with one day advanced notice. Opposite was Da’an Part MRT exit and 1 block away was Dongmen exit. Turn right outside the hotel, there’s a Family Mart on the right hand side of first traffic light. A Ding Tai Fung Restaurant was just one block away opposite the hotel. If you turn right at the first traffic light, there was a Citibank and almost 2 blocks away was Wulao Hotpot!

Breakfast was simple but adequate given the room rate for this hotel. Good salad, simple bread for toast. Congee with several kinds of condiments, 2 kinds of eggs but fried eggs over-cooked. Mostly hot dishes with 2 kinds of vegetables, ham n sausages, fried rice and braised meat with rice. There were water melons, passion fruits n local oranges. Juices were no good. Breakfast hours 7-10 am but when we arrived at 9:30 a.m. the first morning, other than hot dishes, all others were almost empty without refill. We got enough food on the table but finished around 10:40 am. The lady rushed to clear the table n grumbled a bit. Seems like she’s part time n had to rush to the next job. Next day I apologised to her for the delay n she said because the operating hours for breakfast supposed to be till 10 am. Thereafter she was very helpful n friendly. Free snacks and drinks were offered everyday from 1:30-5 pm.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I stayed in this hotel for a few nights as part of a weeklong visit to Taipei. I was upgraded to a suit at the Rido hotel and had a fabulous stay. It's incredibly close to the train station, in walking distance to yummy shops, and across from a pretty park that you can see out the window.

Most importantly, I got the BEST sleep of my life at this hotel. The bed was amazingly comfortable -- the most comfortable bed I have slept on in any Asian country or home in the USA. I am returning to Taiwan this Christmas as well, as will be back just to get another night's unbelievable sleep.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
RidoHotel, 前廳部經理 at Rido Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Location is good for shopping and eating. It is 15 minutes metro ride from downtown (Taipei main station) and Taipei 101 building.

Yongkang street is located 5 minutes walk from the hotel and is very interesting to walk down for dumplings, Irwin Mango Ice, Chinese pizza (Roti) and clothing.

The hotel is clean - rooms are medium size, enough for 2 large suitcases. Bathroom has a bath tub plus a separate shower.

Breakfast is served with Western and Asian style (Fried rice, bok choy, pork sausage, bacon, bread, rolls, eggs, conjee, fresh fruits, jam, butter, coffee and tea. Staff extremely nice and friendly.

We would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone looking for a good location (Daan Park) and comfortable space at a decent cost.

Room tip: A view of Daan Park
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Customer744
RidoHotel, 前廳部經理 at Rido Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

For the last 10 years, I have stayed in Rido Hotel every time I visited my relatives in Taipei. I stayed there from 14 days to 30 days each time. It is a small, clean and well managed hotel. The staff is very friendly and courteous. It is situated at a premium location in Taipei with a subway station next to it. We were able to go everywhere in Taipei just jumped on the subway. The hotel has all kinds, good restaurants in walking distance. The breakfast was always plenty and tasty. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms are a bit small.
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank maxwei2018
RidoHotel, 前廳部經理 at Rido Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Hotel can be more fancy or less fancy, but what upgrades this hotel is the people. and all around your stay.
we stayed there 10 days. we saw many hotels around but we are very happy we stayed there.
we took the bigger room, which has a Jacuzzi and very spacious. The room was cleaned twice a day. Every evening a different surprised waited in the room - fruits, biscuits...
the staff was way and beyond. charming and helpful.

The place is near any transportation and also to great sites. we walked from the hotels to many of the great places.

make sure to check special events near by - like flower market (every Saturday...)
make sure to check that your easy card will not be locked. (ours were locked when we were back to the airport... )
the NT100 is no longer refundable. We didn't redeemed the cards, since once you redeem, the card is lost. we save if for next time. (valid for 20 years).

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RidoHotel, 前廳部經理 at Rido Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018