USD 147
USD 28
USD 26
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Chia Yuen Homestay(Zhuqi)(Great Value!)
USD 71
USD 68
USD 44
USD 58
USD 112
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Basic rest-house decorated in Japanese style (i.e. minimal furniture and sleep on tatami floor). However, futons provided were unusually thin - build strong backs! Without air-conditioning unit, we try to get fresh mountain air with the window opened (when not pouring outside). However, cooking from the kitchen downstairs reeked into the room from early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2016

We stayed at this hotel as part of a deal package of the trip to Ali Moutain and so we were not expecting much. The hotel maintains the old times feeling and is very traditional in regards to the establishment and staff treatment. We were completely amazed by everything! The bento is simple delicious and the rooms are very cozy and cute. They offer free herbs for baths and free tea leaves for us to either drink during our stay or take it home. It was very thoughtful and adequate, in my opinion. Also as part of the deal package, was the dinner offered by the hotel. And may I say, what a dinner! The food was beyond delicious and considering they were cooking for two, they sure put a lot of effort. And yes, it was the best food we had during our entire trip. Another great thing about the hotel is the free guided tours they offer. So basically, they hang a schedule with the time and date of each tour and you just have to show up. The tour is guided by very charming and sweet staff and if there aren't a lot of guests in the hotel, you basically get an one on one tour. Fengchihu is a magical place to be explored and this hotel certainly adds to its charm and comfort.

Room Tip: The best rooms are always the ones by the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniela T
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel located right in the middle of the fenchihu old town, a very different experience by staying there. The room is small without soundproof wall, you probably can listen others conversation from next door in your room.
The bathroom come with a huge wood bail / wood bathtub, no hot water supply after 10pm.
But I like that little metal box meal very much, that food is very tasty. The founder of the hotel (an 90 years old man) known as Mr. Lim is friendly.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacky Y
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The hotel is famed for the historical value. Room is comfortably big. I stayed in building A with tatami floor room with the thin mattress on the floor. It comes with the traditional wooden bathtub. The picture of the tub looks so much better than the actual and you probably would think twice before soaking in it. Personally, the additional amount I paid for these differences are just not worth it. My sister stayed in building B with normal beds and is much cheaper. I find that the hotel has its own style but feel that it has been promoted as a tourist attraction and thus over priced. The bento set is worth a try since it has so much historical value. I would skip this area unless visiting historical attraction is in your itinerary.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Itravel0ne
奮起湖大飯店, 櫃台人員 at Fenchihu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear
Thank you very much for your suggestions
Our building B just changed the new comfortable bed from LADY AMERICANA
In the near future, we will renovate building A and building B
We will become better and look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I have been to Taiwan for at least 5 times for the last 2 years and stayed in lots of hotels/hostels. This is the worst hotel that I have stayed so far. Not only the room that was not clean but what made us unacceptable was the front desk staffs' attitude. They have the worst front desk staff attitude that I have encountered in my life so far. We booked for 2 nights but we canceled the second night and decided to move to another hotel.
Would never come back again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family